SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
massageinnc

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by massageinnc »

This is awesome! I was worried about which computer to put the program on, and finally gave in and put it on my home desktop... then the girls at work begged me to bring in my Cricut so we could play! I was only able to take my machine and the two cartridges that came with it. BUT NOW... we can create all day with my laptop and SCAL!!!! LOVE IT!!! THanks for everything!
lynnscraps

Post by lynnscraps »

I know you are able to install SCAL on 2 computers, but I just got a new desktop computer and I want SCAL on the new one (getting rid of old one) and on my laptop. Would that count as 3 installs? Can't I just uninstall on the old desktop and re-install on my new one? I would still have it on only 2 computers. I would assume this situation happens quite often, either thru crashes or new purchases. What is the procedure for this? Thanks for any help/information.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

E-mail Todd at Craft Edge and explain your situation.
Todd
craftymyra

Post by craftymyra »

I emailed from within craft edge because I have scal2 on my netbooki and on my laptop. I formatted the laptop and I got permission to re activate it, but now I am having trouble again withy my laptop and my husband wants to reformat it and put Windows 7 on it tonight. The trouble is I want to know if they will allow me to reactivate it again once my laptop is okay?? I dont know how long I have to wait for a reply.
Hugs
Myra
MarthaT

Post by MarthaT »

talanhart wrote:E-mail Todd at Craft Edge and explain your situation.
thats the best way, he answers quickly
aries55

Post by aries55 »

When you purchase something it is yours to do whatever you please with it..
jsnstarprncss

Post by jsnstarprncss »

aries55 wrote:When you purchase something it is yours to do whatever you please with it..
I completely agree, but this kind of thinking and expression is what got my comment deleted on Page 1 (like the original 2nd comment) and caused the board leaders to probably dislike me. I haven't upgraded either because I think it's a little crazy that I spent $90 to get the program (which I LOVE) but then 3 months later it was like $30 for an upgrade....I paid that to update my Mac OS. AN ENTIRE OPERATING SYSTEM. I'll probably still upgrade but I'm just waiting....and now it's going to cost more because that was the intro upgrade price.
~Ashley
Psalm 113:3 Creations
nutsy

Post by nutsy »

I activated SCAL on my laptop last week and was using it without problems. Now it wants to cut the watermarks in everything. It asks every time if I want to activate the program. When I try to activate it it tells me the information is invalid. When I tried to do it manually at the website it says it has been activated on too many computers already. I've emailed the Craft Edge but I was hoping I could get an answer quicker here. Why would the activation disappear from my laptop?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Do you still have the install Icon on your desktop or are you opening the file from a shortcut that was created when you installed the program?
Todd
KansasA

Post by KansasA »

I'm a bit late here but thought I would add this to the post.
If you are getting rid of an old computer or formatting, etc or just want to deactivate SCAL so you can install it to another computer/laptop, you must:
On the computer you want to remove the program from.
Start the program
choose About under the Help menu
hold down the Shift key and click in the about window
it will ask to de-activate
This process requires an internet connection
Once it is de-activated, you can use your serial to activate on the new computer.