SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
IrisM

SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by IrisM »

I apologize if this has been asked already but can we install SCAL on more than one computer? I have a desktop that has SCAL right now, but I would also like to put it on my laptop.

Just wondering. Or do we need to purchase a second copy like Design Studio?
craftedge
Site Admin

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by craftedge »

The license for our software is a single user license, and entitles that single user to install the software on a second computer of the same platform for which the license was purchased for, provided they are not both used at the same time, or by more than one person.
kimba68

Post by kimba68 »

What if I have a mac and a windows laptop?

Kim
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

kimba68 wrote:What if I have a mac and a windows laptop?

Kim
I believe that you would have to purchase a separate license. The "two computer" thing is if they are the same platform (Mac or PC).
cmmartin1026

Post by cmmartin1026 »

If I have a computer at my house and then one at my parents house, Am i able to download it to 2 computers, If the computers aren't register the same?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Shouldn't be a problem. I have SCAL loaded on a PC at work and my laptop at home.
Todd
opal65ca

Post by opal65ca »

Hi

I have 2 computers both with Windows but one is XP and the other one Vista, would I be able to load the software on both machines?

Thanks for the help.
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

Yep, since they are both a Windows platform. :)
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I just purchased a new laptop computer.. and it has vista like the original computer I have my SCUT installed on.. If I uninstall off that computer and reinstall here will I still be able to install it into another computer besides my new laptop????
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

Sweetness4713 wrote:I just purchased a new laptop computer.. and it has vista like the original computer I have my SCUT installed on.. If I uninstall off that computer and reinstall here will I still be able to install it into another computer besides my new laptop????
I think you will have to contact Craft Edge's customer service when you want to install it on a third computer. (Even though you will uninstall from the first computer, that would still count as one of your two installations.) I don't think there's a problem with this but they will need to issue you a new activation number for the third installation. :)