help for letters on a page

nuzzmark

help for letters on a page

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi, What I'm trying to do is have the word "Football" at the end of a page, but attached to the paper. Does that make sense? I got one online for basketball, which I'll attach so you can see what I mean. What I did try to do was add a square to fit the matt 12" wide & 10" long. Then I added the letters at the bottom. I tried to weld them, but when I looked at the preview, they looked separated. Is it supposed to look like that? I suppose I should have tried to cut it & see what happened.
Anyway, I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Clara
Attachments
BASKETBALL MAT.svg
hope you can see the attachment
(6.63 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
papasue

Re: help for letters on a page

Post by papasue »

Hi,

In any version of scal I recommend path/union instead of weld once you have placed the letters along the bottom edge of the rectangle, SIZED AS APPROPRIATE. Select all path/union.

You could just try and cut the one you've already done as weld should work just fine. Test it on scrap cardstock to be sure.

If you are working in Inkscape you would draw the rectangle, type your letters. Convert the typed text to a path (Path/object to path and then Object/ungroup, place each letter when you want it along the bottom of the rectangle slightly overlaping the rectangle. Then select all and path/union.

Let us know how you do :) We love to see success! :D
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
nuzzmark

Re: help for letters on a page

Post by nuzzmark »

OMG! OMG! Papasue! You make it so easy! It worked. What I did was go to Edit & Select All. Then to Path & Union. I saw the little circle....you know the one that lets you know it's doing something, & all of a sudden it showed up! I am so excited! I hope you can feel the ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I'm sending to you! :D
I'm including the file...I hope. It saved as a scut4.
Thanks so much!
Clara
Attachments
Untitled.scut4
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 176 times