Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Released for Windows & Macintosh

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Barmybird

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Released for Windows & Macintosh

Post by Barmybird »

Hi, I'm still running V2 with my cricut and would like to buy the new version, are there any tutorials on how to use it and also how to send it to V2 for cutting please :0)
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

See response to your other separate question. Tutorial information posted there. Hope this helps.
Sandy in PA
atlantis4569

Post by atlantis4569 »

Can anyone tell me if SCAL 4 can open studio files? Please say YES.
HTD401

Post by HTD401 »

I would like to know also, I am having a hard time converting .studio files to .svg. Help please!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

SCAL cannot open or create studio files, however, I believe you can save Silhouette files to .svg files that will open in SCAL (someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the studio software).

You cannot save from SCAL to the studio file format.
Sandy in PA
atlantis4569

Post by atlantis4569 »

Well I was just hoping that SCAL could open the files. You have to have an older version of silhouette studio to be able to export them as a svg. But with the designer edition you can import them. Luckily I have the older version as well as the new so I can import and export svg's all day long. Was just hoping to only use SCAL 4 and no other programs.
twaltz

Post by twaltz »

The courtesy of a reply is requested.

We spend the money. It's not too much to ask that you spend five seconds to clarify how much money we need to spend for each situation.
twaltz wrote:OK, I know that maybe we users aren't the swiftest...but can we just set forth all this information once and for all, so we can all purchase (or not) and purchase the right version?

Is this correct, at least until special pricing expires?

I HAVE I BUY I PAY

Scal 2 (with Cricut) Scal 4 - upgrade $19.99
(software installs as a separate program, so I can still use SCAL 2 to send files to the Cricut).

Scal 2 (other cutter) Scal 4 - upgrade $19.99

Scal 3 Scal 4 - upgrade $19.99

Nothing Scal 4 - full package $59.99

Can someone in authority please confirm?
fuzzydi

Post by fuzzydi »

Will there be an iphone app released to accompany this version?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Just to clarify. You cannot save as svg from the Sil software, either the studio software or the DE software. The DE software will open svg files, but you cannot save/export as svg files.
And, there is really no way to change a studio file to a svg file, unless you have a very old version of the studio software, which would let you do so. It would not show svg file source as an option in the dropdown, but you could simply type .svg to the name of your file, and it would save it as a svg file. Another glitch to this is that the old version will only open older sil files (still a whole lot of them), but not the newer v3 ones. It's very hard to find that old software.
Thank goodness, SCAL lets you save as their file type (scut), as well as svg files. It's really the best cutting software out there. Especially with the new features.
I'd like to also know if a previous question was answered, and that is can you undock the menus to the right of the mat in SCAL4/ECAL2?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just installed the latest version 4.016 and when I go to the Help tab and click About Sure Cuts a Lot, this is what the window looks like. It usually has the logo and version etc. Just wanted to let you know.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.57 KiB) Viewed 146591 times
Todd