Remove Background for Print and Cut

leslih

Remove Background for Print and Cut

Post by leslih »

Hi
I am wondering how to remove the background in an image for the print and cut. I realize I am cutting the background off but it limits how large my cutout can be. It will cover the registration marks and I have to make it smaller. If I can able to remove the background I could print and cut the item larger. I have looked through videos and can't find the answer.

Also I have it checked to show registration marks but they don't show up on my screen,

TIA
Lesli
papasue

Re: Remove Background for Print and Cut

Post by papasue »

Hi, without seeing the file my first suggestion would be to look at your layers panel and see if you can identify the background layer to delete it. If not then I'd suggest that you ungroup all and try again, if not break apart will surly work but you might want to group them back together.

I assume you did trace the image, and did not use place image right?

I hope this helps, if not tell us what you are seeing.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

What you want is a clipping mask. I don't believe that SCAL/eCAL have this ability, but you can work in Inkscape or an image program to do this. You would need to save the clipped image and then use that since I don't think the current versions of SCAL support clipped images.

Have you tried printing to see if the registration marks show? Maybe try putting your cut line layers above the image layer. You would then either make your cut layer with no fill/stroke or if you're using eCAL use "Print2Cut Cut" for line type so that you don't see the cut shape in your print.

Also, are you aware that the registration marks are determined only by your cut lines and not the images? If your image is hanging off of the edge of the mat but your cut lines are all well within the printable area then your registration marks should print too.
Jack20

Post by Jack20 »

For this, I would like to recommend you to learn image resizing and the document set up first and then you should know the whole process of image background removal. You can learn these things on YouTube and I hope you'll get rid of your problem.
Working at Photography Post-production company CEI.