My First Real Vinyl Project - BBQ Tools

papasue

My First Real Vinyl Project - BBQ Tools

Post by papasue »

I'm not sure that I love it but I sure learned a lot doing it. I had never done a real vinyl project let alone one this big but I persevered and it is done. I used Oracal outdoor vinyl for most of it an one piece of white contac paper since I didn't order any white vinyl, DUH! The piece of wood came from Michaels. The original image was a free download from here: http://4vector.com/free-vector/bbq-tool ... art-115846 if you want to give it a try.

I cut it 4 times before I figured out how to weed and use the mesh transfer tape properly and redid some lines because they were too thin and wadded up as I tried to lift them off.

Any way it was an interesting learning project and maybe will be given to my BFF, I'm still thinking it is not good enough but will find a home on my patio if not.
BBQPICps.jpg
BBQPICps.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
talanhart

Re: My First Real Vinyl Project - BBQ Tools

Post by talanhart »

Looks great.

Keep practicing. It gets easier. If you want to try some Heat transfer vinyl, let me know and I will mail you a piece.
Todd
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I really like working with the vinyl. Don't know what took me so long to give it a try. I think your project looks great.
Sandy in PA
ladybugmama

Post by ladybugmama »

Looks great!

It takes a while, but you will get the hang of it dealing with vinyl!!!!