SCAL2 patch for cutting error on OSX 10.9, 10.10, 10.11

For your help and questions
craftedge
Site Admin

SCAL2 patch for cutting error on OSX 10.9, 10.10, 10.11

Post by craftedge »

If you get an error while trying to cut on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite), or 10.11 (El Capitan) it may be due to a conflicting driver installation and you can try the following.

Download this file
http://www.craftedge.com/bin/scal2_mavericks_patch.zip

Double click to unzip the file, and you should see 2 files:
scal2_mavericks_usb_patch
scal2_mavericks_usb_patch_remove

Use the patch file to temporarily fix the usb connection. If you reboot your computer, it should undo what the patch did.

Use the patch_remove file to remove the patch in case you have some other device that happens to use the same driver as your Cricut that you need to use.

1. Start SCAL2
2. Try to cut without the patch applied.
3. If you get an error, run the patch file. It may show "the command executed with a non zero status" message after running which is ok and you can ignore. If it says it is from an unidentified developer, right click on the patch file and choose Open.
4. Try to cut again
jcmills

Re: SCAL2 patch for cutting error on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Post by jcmills »

Thanks for the update... but its not working :(

Tried it several times before posting this.
hylaweb

Post by hylaweb »

Craftedge, will this patch also work for eCAL? I haven't upgraded to Mavericks yet, but would like to.
--
http://www.calliegraphy.com
eCAL (Sizzix eclips), MacOS X (Mavericks/10.9)
laballard

Post by laballard »

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! It worked! I am in the middle of prep for a craft show and I was about to die when SCAL2 wouldn't work anymore. I tried it twice before working and I didn't click 'ok' after "the command executed with a non zero status" message appeared. I just ignored it.

Thank you. Thank you.
jcmills

Post by jcmills »

I got it to work today!!!! It took a couple of tries but it worked!!!! Hooooorrraaayyyyy!!!!!
jlwood2848

Post by jlwood2848 »

:D Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! It worked first try! I'm so glad....now I'm going back to my cutting, I've got a train to put together! :shock: :D
jennyvier

Post by jennyvier »

This isn't working for me and I'm heartbroken. :(

When I try to launch the application it looks like it's launching something buy nothing happens. No change if I launch it after I get the error either. Please help! I'm running version 2.044 on OSX Mavericks.
sinatramania

Post by sinatramania »

I was almost out of options, thinking I had damaged my USB port somehow. After doing lots of research and almost giving up I found this thread. IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you CraftEdge for coming up with a fix for your software. If only Provo Craft would be just as helpful!
erica-p

Post by erica-p »

I tried this and its not working. When I click cut, my cricut display does say USB Actice... but nothing happens :( I don't know what to do. I believe Im doing this right, I just click on the the patch one not the patch_remove right. After the "the command executed with a non zero status" comes up do I just leave it or click "ok"? Im at a loss and I use mu cricket all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
jonbrad22

Post by jonbrad22 »

erica-p wrote:I tried this and its not working. When I click cut, my cricut display does say USB Actice... but nothing happens :( I don't know what to do. I believe Im doing this right, I just click on the the patch one not the patch_remove right. After the "the command executed with a non zero status" comes up do I just leave it or click "ok"? Im at a loss and I use mu cricket all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
follow the steps on this link. http://carbis.com.au/2013/11/how-to-get ... mavericks/ pay attention to step 3. There in may the reason your patch is installing.