Unusual birthday "gift"

jrichards

Unusual birthday "gift"

Post by jrichards »

I always have a hard time coming up with something for my niece's kids because I don't get to see them or spend much time with them. I asked my niece what the oldest girl was into and she said, "girly and blingy". So here is my birthday interpretation of that. I am very happy with how it turned out. The box I hand cut, the shoes are a file I got recently and the netting that you see in the box holds various beauty products (nail polish, eye shadow, hair mascara etc.) something I know she will love.
Jan
Attachments
IMG_2181 [iPhone].JPG
IMG_2181 [iPhone].JPG (26.87 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
IMG_2180 [iPhone].JPG
IMG_2180 [iPhone].JPG (26.1 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
TOASTER

Re: Unusual birthday "gift"

Post by TOASTER »

Very unique, very clever and very girly! Love it!
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

What a clever and thoughtful gift. The shoes are awesome. I'm sure it will be a big hit. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have 3 teenage granddaughters with birthdays in the next two months and these will be perfect. I am thinking about decoupage to make them stiffer. What did you use?

they really look wonderful!
thanks
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks everyone! Papasue, I just used a heavy scrapbooking paper. I wanted a girly design and I don't have a lot in my stash for young girls. The plain blue is a heavy card. I did double the soles of the shoes to make them stiffer but I think you would have difficulty pasting the top of the shoe on if it was too stiff. I had some difficulty with it as it was. I ended up rolling it on the edge of the desk and that helped make it easier to glue. It's hard to see in the pic but they have chunky heels on them also. The box is also heavy card.
Jan
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I delivered this gift last night and saw something I haven't seen before, ever......a speechless 13 year old!!! She took it to her room and went through everything and then came back to say thanks and what a cool idea it was. Guess it was worth all the time and effort. That's why I do this and why most of you do it too.
Jan
papasue

Post by papasue »

Jan, you are always welcome to visit us in beautiful northern California!

I've tried a couple of shoe templates but fingers just don't do well holding and glueing and pressing. I found a template for a nice one that is more fold than glue and I am going to try it.

The file is at SplitCoast Stampers by Pam Curtis on this page. You can download the template. It says there is a pic of the finished project but it is just another version of the piece file. I had to trace it manually to get it and haven't cut yet but I think I can do this and with the reaction of your niece I'm pretty sure my girls will feel the same way.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forum ... 33275.html

Thanks again.
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I'd love to visit N Cal but it isn't in the plans for now. Got some craziness going on physically that we can't get a handle on so I am stuck in beautiful OHio for now!
I actually purchased the shoe file from LSS at Digital Design (I think!). I don't design as well as you and so when I see something I really like I buy it. For $3 I can use it over and over again and it saves me a lot of time searching or trying to make my own. If you want a link I will keep searching for it but it is Lindsays Stamp Stuff through Design House Digital.
Jan
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have OSTEO everything from my neck to my hips, not knees yet, but wrist and hands too. I have a cane and a traveling wheel chair to go to Costco so I understand MEDICAL. Of course brain freeze from just being OLD :D

we will just have to be BFF's from a distance!

Try out that shoe template I sent the link to. I got busy doing the font thing and then the Driver License for my very DH today, I'll try to cut it tomorrow and let you know if you don't get to it by then.
Susan E

eClips2.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Jan, glad to hear your niece thought your gift was cool. That's awesome!!!

I hope whatever it is that you're going through medically will be resolved soon.

@ papasue...thanks for the link. Sorry about your osteo. I have fibro and some days can be pretty rough. Getting old can be quite challenging.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***