Cutting machine that works best with SCAL software

Paper, Vinyl, Graphics/Artwork, Pens, Blades, etc.
sherrymcarver

Cutting machine that works best with SCAL software

Post by sherrymcarver »

What machine works best with SCAL software. I know all about the cricut problems. So what machine do you recommend if I want begin a vinyl business selling cups, tiles, buckets, etc?

Thanks
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Cutting machine that works best with SCAL software

Post by mitsim »

I have an Eclips, and lots of others use the Cameo. A friend has both, and she uses the Eclips for her paper cutting and the Silhouette Cameo for her vinyl cutting. And, the Cameo uses SCAL, but the Eclips uses it's own version of SCAL, called ECAL. But, hopefully more people will chime in and give their opinions. There are lots of options, depending upon how much you are wanting to spend.
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

I have the Sizzic eclips and love it - you will have to get the Ecal software - very similar to SCAL!
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

http://thatsscrapinc.com/blackcatcutters.aspx Many of us have the Black cat line, now the Silver Bullet. It has a lot of extra capabilities such as engraving. If you have never been to Penny Duncan's sight you can see what all she does with it. The forum is very helpful and there are a lot of helpful videos also.
Jan
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

I don't have it yet but that's the one I'm wanting.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
ShrinkingMimsy

Post by ShrinkingMimsy »

Hi,

I have a 24" Black Cat Cougar, which I purchased from That's Scrap, Inc. I can't say enough about the excellent customer service I have received from Sherri Jensen. When I am able to purchase a new machine, it will definitely be a Silver Bullet from That's Scrap, Inc. I like to have a lot of options, and these machines can handle a wide variety of materials, from tissue paper, coffee filters and vinyl, to chipboard, acryllic and metal (foils and thin metals for cutting, engraving on thicker metals.)

I have recently switched to SCAL from Make the Cut, because I prefer how it cuts with my machine. SCAL has become my "go-to" software.

Good luck with your decision.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
aka ShrinkingMimsy
ShrinkingMimsy.blogspot.com
Cutting with a 24" BC Cougar
Angel135612

Post by Angel135612 »

If you are going to have a business, I would make sure you get a machine that can be a workhorse. You don't want one that is going to stop working after it has been on for hours on end. I can't speak to the Eclips or Cameo, but I do know that the Cougar, or Silver Bullet from Sherri at That'sScrapInc.com would definitely be a workhorse and you could run it all day long and not have any problems with it, they are made just for that purpose. So depending on just how much you are going to be cutting, it would be worth the investment to get a machine that can be on all day long and work when you need it to.

ETA: Brandon has been working very closely with Sherri and Dawn to make SCAL work the best it can with the Silver Bullets... and is continuing to update the software to include a lot of customer requests. I don't think you could go wrong with SCAL and a Silver Bullet for your business
Diane in Colorado Springs
Cutting with a 24" Silver Bullet purchased from ThatsScrapInc.com and using SCAL