Cat/ Kitten SVG's for vinyl cutting (mostly)

Louise-Paisley

Cat/ Kitten SVG's for vinyl cutting (mostly)

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Clawdius2.png
Clawdius2.png (130.22 KiB) Viewed 22820 times
Clawdius3.svg
(50.48 KiB) Downloaded 967 times
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
pastda3

Re: Cat/ Kitten SVG's for vinyl cutting (mostly)

Post by pastda3 »

Ooh, another good one. Thank you. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

Thank you sooo much! I simply love this cat! :D
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Actually quite a sad story and ultimately he was responsible for me starting http://www.shop.happyhousecats.co.uk

He was a silver tabby kitten my friend bought, when they went to see him the cats were being kept in pretty appalling conditions in a flat, my friend felt sorry for him and bought him to get him away from that - really not the thing she should have done but i understand how hard it is to see kittens suffer.

He had lots of problems, bad diarrhoea, sickness, and one thing after another in his very short life but despite all this was the most lovable friendly wee kitten.

My friend worked 3 days a week and brought Clawdius to my house to kitten sit while she was at work, I had two moggies at the time and they both took on a parental roll with him. However things took a turn for the worse and FIP was diagnosed, he went downhill really quickly and during his last day Loula never left his side, unfortunately there was nothing that could be done and at about 5 months we lost him.

I had my cats tested for the virus responsible, feline corona virus, and Spike was found to be positive with a very high count, loula was negative. I therefore had to isolate Spike in the bedroom until he fought off the virus which took 3 months. In order to give Spike something to break the boredom of being isolated I made him a walking jacket harness to take him out in the garden and posted pictures of him outside on a leash.

I got lots of enquiries about the jacket and where it came from as it was much better quality that others being sold at the time and I started making them to sell, adding the pets name using chrome effect heat transfer vinyl cut on my Cougar. The word quickly spread and I soon ended up shipping them worldwide and started getting requests to make cat toys as well.

So last year I decided that this could be a way out of the unemployment trap I found myself in and started a 6 month business course, at the end of which I launched happy house cats as a business with the new web shop.

The attached file was created to cut a vinyl picture to put on the wall as a tribute to such a lovely wee kitten that brought us so much joy in his short life and ultimately has resulted in hundreds of cats all over the world being able to now enjoy going outside in complete safety and of course even more house cats who are now enjoying playing with quality HHC cat toys.

As you might have guessed I am a crazy cat lady ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Wow, that's quite a story. Sorry about the kitty. Glad Spike is all better. :) I wish your business continued success.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Three of my current four cats..

Spike (Moggy), Toshiaki (Brown Spotted Bengal) and Loula (Moggy) - I now have a fourth, Yukineko who is a snow spotted Bengal..
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 22808 times
You can find photos of all four of my furkids and oodles of other subjects on my photography website http://www.hhcphotography.co.uk :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Lucky for us you are cat crazy...because you make some AWESOME pictures happen for vinyl!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I got a tile today, to cut this in brown vinyl on a mat finish beige multitone tile. It will be for my sil in August for her bday.
She has MS and can not move...they have a few cats, and I think she would like this very much. It is difficult to know what to give to her other than a blanket. This should be really nice. Thank you again!
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

gj1 wrote:I got a tile today, to cut this in brown vinyl on a mat finish beige multitone tile. It will be for my sil in August for her bday.
She has MS and can not move...they have a few cats, and I think she would like this very much. It is difficult to know what to give to her other than a blanket. This should be really nice. Thank you again!
Oooo that was a bit ambitious cutting it for a tile!

I have not tried cutting it that small before, some of the bits must have TINY, how did it work out?

Oh not sure how you did it, but the normal route with vinyl is to weed it, apply transfer tape and transfer it. However if you are putting it on a tile or glass etc (any detailed vinyl not just this) it is often easier to transfer the whole vinyl and then weed out the scrap vinyl - the vinyl sticks really well to to tile but you can still peel it off, but the tiny detail bits are not accidentally removed as much
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I haven't done it yet...just got the supplies...I hope it will work. When I am done I will post a picture of the tile. It is a larger tile, 12x9. Thanks for the tip on transfer of all and then weed...that may be just the trick to get it done :)