Sliceform Egg

ceep

Sliceform Egg

Post by ceep »

Easter Egg 031.jpg
Easter Egg 031.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
This is an older design of mine, but I don't think I ever posted the files here.

The slots of this sliceform egg lock it together so it doesn't fall apart if you turn it upside down.

Assembly instructions: http://extremecards.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... m-egg.html

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
Attachments
egg2.svg
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
egg1.svg
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
gj1

Re: Sliceform Egg

Post by gj1 »

This will be a lot of fun...thank you, again for sharing...it is wonderful!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
ceep

Post by ceep »

How annoyed should I be by this?
:/
http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2 ... px?id=8308

Carol
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Well, you could feel honored that they like it enough to make one too. I don't know?...I would not buy it, because you are sharing.
We all get our ideas from somewhere...but people should not profit off others stuff. You get your ideas from others, too, and make note of who they are, which is good, but who can say where they saw the idea? It does, however, look exactly like your cut.

I was considering to take this idea and make a rabbit that slice formed together...they should maybe have changed the image to something different.

I am sure we could look back in time and find templates of stuff like this from the days of scissors, too.

If I made a bunny, I would probably make the body shaped much like the egg and then use the slice lines that you have already engineered to fit right. This is how we learn.

I guess I would be upset that they did not mention where the got the idea...if they can remember. And did they use any of your file or someone else's template or cutting file to make their egg?

I don't know how people can make money off any of this...except for the adds that are on their blogs...because so much is given away free.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

I can understand how you could get mad at this. I would like to say thank you for sharing as much as you do, and like gj1 I don't know how anybody makes money on selling these ideas because there are so many generous people out there who share. I don't know if it helps any, but those of us who can't design really do appreciate your generousity, and maybe that will make it a little better.

pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

If you know for certain that is your original design, then you are right to be annoyed. On the other hand, there are books and tutorials on the web on how to make sliceforms. I remember following a blogger who was making sliceforms a couple of years ago.

I know I would be annoyed if someone blatantly took one of my personal designs and sold it for profit. That's the problem with the web; once it's out there it's out there and unless you decide to confront the individual or pursue it legally, there seems to be little recourse.

It's actions like this that tend to discourage talented individuals from sharing their work freely. I'm sorry this happened to you.

I personally want to thank you for sharing your files. I think your work is amazing.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

And no worries about a bunny version....lol...I can NOT figure it out...omg, these are mind teasers.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

gj1 - I know what you mean. I've yet to even cut one. :lol: The thought of trying to put one together gives me a headache, but the look so cool!!!
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

There is a sneaky little twist, as I saw in the assembly instructions Carol did.. ah ha...I said!

At first, I just made some bunnies, layed in the lines...which weren't right for the bunnies somehow...the ears got in the way :)
Anyway...I thought, I'll just put these together....lol...(without following any instructions)...NOT!!!

I was so confused, I had to go back and resort to 'reading the directions'...something I like to skip in life if I can...but it is always good to read the directionss!
ceep

Post by ceep »

I have no problem with people using my templates FOR THEIR OWN ENJOYMENT. That's what they're for. But you ought not to sell something if you only change the template a tiny bit.

See the pumpkin halloween spinner, for example, at the same site. While I'm fairly sure that was inspired by something I made, it's reworked enough that doesn't irk me as much.
Here's the one for sale:
http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2 ... x?id=21029
And here's the one I made:
http://extremecards.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... inner.html

Carol