Corner bookmarks

ptpulley

Corner bookmarks

Post by ptpulley »

I came across some monster corner bookmarks the other day, and I had to try making them. Seems like they are all over the net, so maybe I'm the only one who hasn't seen them before, but I love them. They slide onto the corner of the page, and don't stick out when the book is closed. I also saw some more adult-looking corner bookmarks, and made a cutting file for both kinds.

Per suggestion from I Could Make That, I made the square for the back of the monster 2 and 1/2 inches. I think that's a great size for a project for children, but next time I will probably make them a bit smaller. You can see her instructions here. http://nheilke.com/blog/2011/02/corner- ... okmarks-3/
Attachments
Corner bookmarks.jpg
Corner bookmarks.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Corner bookmarks.scut2
(117.83 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Re: Corner bookmarks

Post by gj1 »

Love these...great to include with a Christmas or birthday card!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

These are too cute! Thanks.

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I absolutely adore these. We can no longer give students a snack, a lollipop, ANY kind of food item (healthy or not) as a reward or when we play review games and this would be a fun alternative.

I wonder if they stay on, though. Seems they would fall off pretty quickly. Will have to give them a try.
Sandy in PA
lindacrew4

Post by lindacrew4 »

I also seen these the other day, mine did not come out right, the folding was wrong. just couldnt get it to look good
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Sandy,
I haven't actually tried them ( :oops: ) but I think they might be kind of heavy, especially if the paper of the book was very lightweight. I think they'd probably work better if you put them over several pages at once. Once the book is closed they should stay put. If you cut these, they'd be a great project for kids to put together.

Linda,
It's important to get the scoring right. Check out the link in my first post. She shows how to put them together. I had scoring lines on my file at first, but it takes the cutter so long to cut them so I just took them off. I use a ruler and the back of a small scissor blade to make my folding marks.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
lovemycatkellar

Post by lovemycatkellar »

Thank you! I found these on Pinterest today and thought about making a bunch. I get a book a week from our library and thought about leaving one in each book when I return it. Even if the librarians pull them and keep them they work hard and deserve them as well. Then I also thought about making them as end of yr gifts for my daughters class. Maybe I can attached the summer reading list to it.
So, I decided I could maybe draw one out in my eCal. But decided to check here first and to my surprise you had beat me to it! N
Thanks again, I will post a photo whenever I get around to them.
Melody
Melody from Alabama
gj1

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=27326&hilit=my+bookworm

I like this bookworm marker, also.
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Oh gosh! Now that you post the link to HeatherM's post, I remember that I saw them here too!! So sorry, Heather! I didn't mean to not give you credit.

And yes, I love the little bookworm too!
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9680&p=44599&hilit=bookmark#p44599

This was a favorite of mine. I put snowflakes on the top and put in Christmas cards. Everyone loved them. Anything could go on top.