Memories and Thinking of You

lkc

Memories and Thinking of You

Post by lkc »

Have fun!
Files here...
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Memories and Thinking of You

Post by sstehman »

Very nice Laura. Glad you could do these -- and all that have jumped in to help has been great. I always forget how nice the shadow effect makes phrases look.
Sandy in PA
papasue

Post by papasue »

YEAH!.jpg
YEAH!.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
Laura, you are the best!

Thanks for jumping in with the phrases. So many folks love them and your inspiration and help is much appreciated!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

These titles are so useful! Thanks!

lkc

Post by lkc »

sstehman wrote:Very nice Laura. Glad you could do these -- and all that have jumped in to help has been great. I always forget how nice the shadow effect makes phrases look.
Thanks to all and yes, I agree with you Sandy, the shadows help give importance to the phrases and make them stand out especially with more delicate fonts. I often add a little weight to them as I did with the Thinking of YOU which is a font called Albemarle Swash since someone asked in another thread. However, I did a little tweaking to connect the phrase but isn't it an elegant font?!

The other more casual and also a favorite of mine is called Doodle Love Letters which is what Memories is done in but I did use the lower case 'm' because I liked the look better than the upper case.

I will be posting more phrases with these fonts. They are nice opposites for a formal and informal look.
shannon6465

Post by shannon6465 »

I have been trying to do welded phrases in SCAL 1 without a lot of luck. I upgraded to SCAL 2 recently, and like it LOTS more than the first version, but am still having some issues.

One question I have is: Are there more increments for increasing the shadow size than just .5, 1, 1.5, etc. My friend showed me how her silouhette works and it seemed like there were many more size increase intervals.

Another question: What are some other good fonts to use to shadow the way ikc has done in "thinking of you" and "memories"? I have tried blades and bd cartoon shout and absolutely cannot figure out to shadow a phrase that is welded or unwelded. When I try to shadow, at about 2 it goes completely haywire and letters become lines or pixels.

Also, what shadow setting is best, pointy, rounded or straight?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You can type in any size you want for the shadow in the drop down box. Not sure why things go messy for you...maybe tell us you computer specs and such and give us a screen shot or snip of what things look like. I personally don't like to open a lot of files, and prefer to see a picture here.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
lkc

Post by lkc »

Thanks for popping in with a reply gj1. Since I do most of my work in Inkscape and don't have scal2 I can't answer a lot of inquiries regarding its use.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thank you Laura. The "Thinking of You" will really come in handy for my cards. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***