3 Tiny Boxes - Update: cut files attached

ptpulley

3 Tiny Boxes - Update: cut files attached

Post by ptpulley »

I have a Cricut personal and was hoping to be able to make a box large enough for a gift card. I found some images of some small boxes on a site called A Little Hut, and used that idea to make the jeep box. It's just big enough for a gift card to stand diagonally inside.

I had found the panther pieced file at this site: http://nancyscreativepapercrafts.blogsp ... -results=7
and I thought he might be cute on a box. The pieces are very tiny, but I think he looks cute.

That inspired me to create a pieced poinsettia to use on a little box. It's a little funky where the two sides fit together, but I think it looks okay.

I have been unable to post my cut files, and have asked support for help. Haven't heard back yet, but when I do, I will share the files.

ETA: It looks like I forgot to say that I had to make the bottom flaps of these boxes too short to get them to fit on the small Cricut mat. I just cut a small rectangle and glue it inside or outside the bottom. If you have a bigger machine, you could just add onto the flaps to make them longer.
Attachments
little jeep box.JPG
little jeep box.JPG (40.34 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
little panther box.JPG
little panther box.JPG (44.54 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
little poinsettia box.JPG
little poinsettia box.JPG (43.37 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
Last edited by ptpulley on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: 3 Tiny Boxes

Post by sstehman »

These are cute boxes, loved the one with the poinsettia on top. Not sure why you can't post scut files. Can you tell us what is happening when you try to upload them and make we can help you out?
Sandy in PA
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

I tried to post a week or so ago and had the same problem. I get a message that says my files have been blocked as a possible vector attack file. I am using Windows Vista and SCAL2. I have sent messages to Craft Edge twice using the support form that someone directed me to, but I have not gotten a response. :?
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

These are just the cutest boxes EVER!!! Thanks for posting the pictures!!!
I have had the same problem with posting .scut2 files...not sure why it is happening again...as it has happened before many months ago...what is up with that, I do not know...but, what I did was to use FILE and EXPORT(to my desktop)and then the .scut2 file becomes an .svg...and the forum still will post those.

Thanks again for showing your project...AWESOME!!!
ptpulley

Re: 3 Tiny Boxes - update: scal files attached

Post by ptpulley »

x
Last edited by ptpulley on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Re: 3 Tiny Boxes - Update: cut files attached

Post by gj1 »

Green is GOOD...you have EVERYTHING ready to go for us...these are WONDERFUL files. Thank you so much for sharing and I hope to see more of your work!!!
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

Those are so cool! Thank you for sharing them.
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

These are very sweet. Thank you for sharing.
Maureen

Im a cutter

Post by Im a cutter »

The poinsettia is a work of art!!
CMA

Post by CMA »

so cool! thanks