Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
manangoes

Re: Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by manangoes »

I just got back tot he forum this morning. I did exactly as you did, and now it says device working properly. Thanks SO MUCH YOU ARE AWESOME. I am going to try cutting soon.[/quote]
You're welcome, I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to play with a new toy :D
Wanel

Post by Wanel »

I wonder if I can cut true type fonts with the eclips if I am away on a crop and doesn't bring a computer?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Yes, TTF fonts work beautifully.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

Yes it cuts even the most delicate fonts really well.

I think you would need the eclips hooked up to your computer though for it to work.
Cheryl1st

Post by Cheryl1st »

jearise wrote:May I inquire as to where you bought it from and if it's a disk or download? I am still waiting to hear from Oh My Crafts that is has been shipped. They told me last week that I am suppose to get a disk copy. I'm jealous and a little mad now. :cry:
I had pre-oredered mine from OhMyCrafts in a bundle with the machine. Received the machine after three weeks (had to email and remind them that it was not supposed to be backordered, just the ecal was), and then received my ecal disc the other day. I hope you receive yours soon!
dawnmercedes

Post by dawnmercedes »

Question...

When you connect your eclips to your computer, does the USB cord go directly from the remote to the computer? Or can you connect the eclips directly to your computer...bypassing the remote?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Mine is plugged into the cutter and then directly into the computer via the USB cable. I've never opened the remote or the controller....never needed to use it as I got the eCAL software about the same time and the eclips.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
VickiJD

Post by VickiJD »

Hi all, I am a total newbie to the world of cutters!!

I have been trying to do a little research before buying one, but when you don't really know what to look for.... well, it's kind tough to do that!

I already know that the PC machines do not work with the new SCAL software, and I really would like to have that software or the eCAL. That is pretty much why I'm posting under this topic. My DH being the sweet guy he is, ran out an bought me Cricut E2. Which, thankfully is fully returnable!

I am considering purchasing the eClips with the eCAL software package from Craftedge. So now a few questions:

Does this machine cut vinyl? It does not list this under it's specs.

What is the actual size that you can cut up to? Is it 12 x 12 or 12 x 24? Or something different?

Can you use smaller pieces of paper or do you need full size sheets?

Can you cut different sized items at the same time?

Some of these questions I've come up with from the advertising that I've seen for other machines.

My other consideration is the Silhouette Cameo.

Basically if anyone has both, I'd love to hear from you with pros and cons from each. I usually just buy the wrong one and wind up wishing I hadn't! This time I'm trying to make a more educated decision!

Any other info you'd like to throw in would be great for me too.

Thanks in advance!
~Vicki
dawnmercedes

Post by dawnmercedes »

papasue wrote:Mine is plugged into the cutter and then directly into the computer via the USB cable. I've never opened the remote or the controller....never needed to use it as I got the eCAL software about the same time and the eclips.
thanks!
dawnmercedes

Post by dawnmercedes »

VickiJD wrote:Hi all, I am a total newbie to the world of cutters!!

Some of these questions I've come up with from the advertising that I've seen for other machines.

My other consideration is the Silhouette Cameo.

Basically if anyone has both, I'd love to hear from you with pros and cons from each. I usually just buy the wrong one and wind up wishing I hadn't! This time I'm trying to make a more educated decision!

Any other info you'd like to throw in would be great for me too.

Thanks in advance!
~Vicki
Oh Vicki!! We are 2 peas in a pod. My DH bought me the eclips...without asking me....and I'm trying to figure out these same questions.

Honestly, I think that the eclips is a stronger machine. I think that the silhouette is the "plug it in and use it...you don't have to buy any other thing (other than svgs)" machine. I think with eCAL, you'll get all the options silhouette has with their start up software.

So now, do I put my brand new, only used for 10 minutes eclips up on craig's list? And buy a Silhouette? Or...do I just be grateful for a husband who "tried" to make me happy. (Really...ask me next time!!! haha)

Keep me informed, Vicki! I need a lot of hand holding! haha