I'm sorry but...

For your help and questions
Channyne

I'm sorry but...

Post by Channyne »

when is the last time anyone has heard from Todd?

I'm starting to feel abandoned in this firmware/software update issue.
symayer

Re: I'm sorry but...

Post by symayer »

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't use CDS, but I feel bad for those who do.

Stephanie
catseyes

Post by catseyes »

i feel i wasted my money and trust in this company and have been thinking of removing scal from my computer whats the use in having it and i cannot use it just plain straight forward without changing the cds software i have just to use it,not worth it.i come here everyday hoping for some optomistic answer for the software but none.

susannah
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I just emailed him I wondered also what Is going on. I know he is around as I got my affilate payment last month but I am not sure why he is not letting us know what is going on....
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
lowcarbgirl

Post by lowcarbgirl »

I can't say I feel abandoned but I am concerned. I want to be able to use my design studio as well as my SCAL. I know that computer programming takes time but like the rest of you I wish he would pop in and just let us know once in a while that he is still working on it and at least trying.
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

I think basically that Todd has nothing to report. I also thought he should post something to. I sent him an email and he said they are working on it, it will take some time, he gave us a fix on how to use both the new Cricut firmware then switch to the older one for SCAL. There have been postings here and on Cricut forums that Provocraft have specifically changed their firmware to block 3rd party software providers (like SCAL) from being compatible with their firmware. Todd is determined that they will find a solution, but it will take time.

To switch firmware - install the DS software with the older firmware in one directory and install the DS software with the newer firmware in another. When you want to run SCAL, start up the older DS version, go to where you can update the firmware (I don't know the menu names but it's easy to find). When you want to run the newer firmware, start up the newer DS version and update the firmware. That's all there is to it. You never have to uninstall or reinstall software after you have the two versions installed. To use one or the other, update that respective firmware. That's it.

I love this program and do not feel that I've wasted my money. Every time I go to a crop, I love showing the designs I've cut or ones I found that I want to cut. I just came back from a retreat and people were asking me questions about it all weekend.
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

I agree with Wreed, personally I prefer SCAL to DS anyday. BUT you can still use DS regardless if you want to, it's not that difficult.

I love being able to make things in SCAL and get a great deal of satisfaction from being able to make my own cut files by doing the work myself and getting things to look just how I want them too.

Mel
Channyne

Post by Channyne »

I do not feel I've wasted my money w/this software and I'm not giving up on SCAL or Todd, I would just appreciate answers. I realize that Provo did this intentionally and the way I see it, they are doing themselves their own injustice.

If it came down to it, I mean really came down to it, considering the SCAL options vs. what DS offers I prefer SCAL but I would rid myself of the whole darn Cricut and move to the Pazzles which was intended for .ttf. (This is no threat to Todd... it's Provo that is limiting themselves!) Provo is really pi$$ing me off with their inability to fix their own software and how they placed more effort into blocking SCAL! (and the stupid Jukebox! - what a joke!) I still buy their ridiculously expensive carts (have 30+) but I do that with the intention of mixing with .ttf that SCAL offers. I like having some flexibility with my creative design instead of having to stick to their font carts! (which I still buy but again sometimes I prefer something a little more unique...) so annoying!

I guess my point is this... no news is no longer good news and I prefer to hear from the man himself. Has he made any progress? Is there something he would like for us to do/not do as far as communication with Provo? Does he foresee hardware issues with the current temp solution of upgrading/downgrading firmware etc. I think it's his responsibility to communicate w/us... I'm more sympathetic to his issues than I am faithful to Provo but...

considering this disappearing act, in the future IF he fixes this issue are you without a doubt able to recommend SCAL and the Co. without hesitation? I mean, it's going to happen again but I don't want to always be wondering if this is going to be the time he's going to give up and walk away while I'm left with my thumb up my butt waiting for a magical fix that's really never going to happen.

Do you think it's fair that this Software is continued to be sold without any kind of disclaimer? (The latest news on the sales site is from June 2... c'mon... there's plenty of news since then. Frustrating news but it's news none the same and consumers should be aware.)

I'm open... talk to me....

In an ideal world - they would just join forces!
DittoBabyGirl

Post by DittoBabyGirl »

It would be nice if Todd can just make a lil appearance to even say "hey guys...I understand your frustration-still working on it" And not for nothing but we really can't blame Provocraft...the Cricut IS their product..and business is all about making money. Yes, the carts can be pricey...but way LESS than if you were to invest in Sizzix dies. You can get a Cricut cart on sale or Ebay as low as $30....with Sizzix you're lucky if you can get an alpha set on sale for $50...and you get one size. So honestly I do understand why Provocraft blocked SCAL. A little communication from Todd would be nice. And if he's offering a refund I'd be happy to give back my SCAL. JMO.
Channyne

Post by Channyne »

DittoBabyGirl wrote:Yes, the carts can be pricey...but way LESS than if you were to invest in Sizzix dies. You can get a Cricut cart on sale or Ebay as low as $30....with Sizzix you're lucky if you can get an alpha set on sale for $50...and you get one size.
You realize I was saying I'd go to a Pazzles, not Sizzix, right?

http://www.pazzles.com/