Sure Cuts a Lot 3.0 for Windows & Macintosh

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
getcolor090

Re: Sure Cuts a Lot 3.0 for Windows & Macintosh

Post by getcolor090 »

I tried to install it but it will not take my serial number and says that the upgrade "was already given" so annoyed right now! Did anyone else have this problem?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Are you trying to upgrade from SCAL2 to get the free SCAL3? Are you the original owner of SCAL2?
Sandy in PA
quinn03

Post by quinn03 »

I hope I don't repeat anything some one else mentioned. I would like to upgrade my SCAL2 to a SCAL3, will SCAL3 delete my version of the SCAL2 on my computer?

When I bought SCAL2 I bought the dvd which I like. I don't like to download anything until I'm sure it will not harm my computer.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

As mentioned previously in the postings, upgrading to SCAL 3 will not delete your SCAL 2. They will install in completely different folders. You will be able to have both programs on your computer at the same time. Totally separate.
quinn03

Post by quinn03 »

Another question, will SCAL3 support the Cricuit Expression?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://craftedge.com/download/download.html

It is written here that it is no longer supported. Scal3 is used with machines by other companies.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
littleprincess64735

Post by littleprincess64735 »

I'm very new to all of this and just bought/ordered my first cricut expressions machine today. Can I download version 2 and use it with my cricut?

Thanks so much for your help, like I said I am new and don't know anything about this kind of stuff yet.
:?:
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Look at the link just above your post for the answer. You maybe should have bought a different machine to go with our scal 3 as 2 is no longer available.

For using the machine you purchased, you will have to contact the manufacturer for that machine.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

littleprincess64735 wrote:I'm very new to all of this and just bought/ordered my first cricut expressions machine today. Can I download version 2 and use it with my cricut?

Thanks so much for your help, like I said I am new and don't know anything about this kind of stuff yet.
:?:
It is best you cancel your order because about all your going to be able to do with that machine is cut from carts the scal 2 can not be obtained or supported as of dec. 0f 2011. Provo craft has stoped all third party programs that used to work with their machines. if you can send it back and order a machine that gives you the freedom to express your own creativity.
littleprincess64735

Post by littleprincess64735 »

I cancelled my order, I've read reviews and it sounds like the sizzix eclips can do the same thing as the cricut expressions except the cricut won't let me use my own designs.