Embroidery Machine

General discussion about Inkscape
dolanqt

Embroidery Machine

Post by dolanqt »

Has anyone ever created embroidered items with images you crested in inskscape? I am thinking about getting one and doing this

Thanks!
maureen59

Re: Embroidery Machine

Post by maureen59 »

I have Scal and a embroidery machine, and........I would love the answer too! I have tried to digitise for my embroidery machine but the skill eludes me, as does inkscape :roll:

Maureen
Maureen
willow

Post by willow »

i also have embroidery machines and the software to go with them. I think(not sure) the only embroidery machine is the Janome where you can take an image and put it in the machine will embroider it for you. Brother and Husquvarne have semi digi limits in their software which are very expensive. Read all you can about this before parting with your money, just my advice. I have been learning to digi for 8yrs and still not happy with my results. I'm just starting exploring inkscape.
willow
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

What does a digital embroidery pattern look like?
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

One of the members took at image I had done and embroidered it on towels.. Not sure what machine she had..
willow

Post by willow »

Do you mean like photo attached or how to start to digitize. I did this for my GD a couple of years ago. If the latter you take an image like you would do in inkscape or scal2 then you would go and input every stitch, altering the way the stitches run. It's a lot like nodes, but they are stitches, the more rounded you want them the more stitches(nodes) you use. You can just type in words and they will stitch out for you, no altering or pfaffing about. But to auto digitize you will need a clean image as the software is limited. A bit like Scal2 where you trace an image, if it is poor the embroidery machine will no sew it just a mess. My software uses WMF or BMP image[/attachment]
nightgardenpic.jpg
nightgardenpic.jpg (6.5 KiB) Viewed 10235 times
Attachments
nightgardenStitch.jpg
nightgardenStitch.jpg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 10235 times
stuartcalls

Post by stuartcalls »

Willow,
what software do you use?
I saw a demo on line where the Singer embroidery machine where they scanned an image and imported it into the singer software and then stitched it.
willow

Post by willow »

I have 4 software packages, and I go between all of them. Brother PE-Design7, 4D Pro Husquvarne, Embird 2010 and Bernina Artista old version did not update this as I only use it for fonts. Yes you are right its the Singer that can import a graphic, did you see the demo on You Tube? I prefer to place the graphic(like print and cut in Scal2) and manually digitize around it as you get a better result but then again I'm still learning, some things are OK but others are very basic.
willow
stuartcalls

Post by stuartcalls »

willow

Post by willow »

Thanks for the link. Watched it and wondered if he had to change the angle of the stitches, as in the wings of the bee, as it stitched out very good. If anyone is interested in this I would take a graphic on a pen stick and your own fabric to the dealer and get them to stitch it out for you as some machines stitch out better than others.

willow