Sure cuts alot cuts better

For your help and questions
jewelsbunny

Sure cuts alot cuts better

Post by jewelsbunny »

Does anyone else find that letters cut with the sure cuts alot program cuts better than the carts? When I cut with carts half the time i am having to cut with craft knife but with sure cuts alot I get a clean cut all the time. Don't understand why does anyone else find this or is it just me.
wreed06

Re: Sure cuts alot cuts better

Post by wreed06 »

You know, it's funny you say that. Someone was just mentioning that on the board about the lines in the trial cutting very heavy compared to the letters she was trying to cut. I wonder if SCAL uses more pressure than DS, though I would think the pressure only comes from the Cricut machine itself. I'm not of much help for you, (unless you're just commenting), but it seemed like coincidental messages.

Maybe adjust the pressure when using the carts and move it back when using SCAL?
symayer

Post by symayer »

I agree with you. Using the carts, I keep having to cut, re-cut, re-cut, because of tearing. It's a lot of paper waste and frustration. With SCAL, once usually does it. But I'm not sure why.

I love SCAL!!!
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Well, maybe when you cut via the carts, adjust your pressure so that it doesn't tear paper and remember that setting for future cart cuts, then adjust the pressure back for SCAL and remember that setting. SCAL is definately cool!