Invitación - In a nice font that cut small?

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
evamar

Invitación - In a nice font that cut small?

Post by evamar »

Hi there, hopefully you can help me, because I don't seem to be able to do this by myself.

I need to cut the word "Invitación" (Invitation in Spanish) out of vinyl, just as those vinyl sheets that come with gold, silver or other coloured vinyls.

I cannot find a good font to allow me to link the letters together, and also I always manage to cut the whole sheet when I try to cut them: I cut both the vinyl and the backing, which make it even worse. I have wasted quite a lot of sheets and still haven't got anything :(

Could anybody PLEASE:
1.- Make the word "Invitación" in a small size that still cuts well (there is a stress on the o, ó). The word in the English peel offs is around 2 1/2 inches wide
2.- Tell me how to cut only the vinyl and leave the backing intact still with a nice clean cut

I'm attaching a sample of a normal sheet with the word "Invitation" that we can find everywhere... unfortunately I cannot find any in Spanish for retail, and the wholesale are simply too expensive as I would need to buy something silly as 1000 sheets in a go, so I have to make them.

Hopefully you'll know what I mean!

Many thanks!!!
Attachments
invitation peel off.jpg
invitation peel off.jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
peel-off-stickers-invitation-xl238-lge.jpg
peel-off-stickers-invitation-xl238-lge.jpg (50.38 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
pastda3

Re: Invitación - In a nice font that cut small?

Post by pastda3 »

I've attached a file which I made using brush script font. I wasn't able to test cut it. I had to put my Cricut away while I have some work done around the house. =( One of the problems I have using a small word cut is that I lose the dots to the i's and j's, etc. I made two versions. One with the word and the dots separated and the other with them welded. I would defintely try a test run. Set your settings to medium pressure on the Cricut dial, 3 on the blade housing and medium cutting speed. (You can find the cutting speed when you're in SCAL. Click on edit/preferences/cutter/change cut speed to medium and press OK.) Hope this helps.
Invitacion.jpg
Invitacion.jpg (44.73 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Attachments
invitacion_brushscript_font_rs.svg
(42.2 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
evamar

Re: Invitación - In a nice font that cut small?

Post by evamar »

Many thanks, pastda3!!!
It really is a very similar font. Thanks for the settings tip, most of the times I was just getting wrinckled wasted paper out of the cricut.

I'll try it immediately, hopefuly it will cut fine, it does look perfect.

GRACIAS!!!