Help! Font changes when imported into scal from inkscape.

General discussion about Inkscape
sunnshinne352

Help! Font changes when imported into scal from inkscape.

Post by sunnshinne352 »

I've had this issue a couple times and I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. I've created a design to be cut on vinyl in inkscape. Checked the outline view, everything looks great. Saved as paths and imported to scal, where my font is all offset. Dots to i's aren't over the i, the center of a lowercase d isn't inside the outline of the d. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to have to attempt to recreate the entire design in scal?
BTW using scal 2.

Please help! I'm sure there are some more experienced users out there that know what my problem is.
Christen
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Help! Font changes when imported into scal from inkscape.

Post by Sweetness4713 »

You need to use path/union...
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Yep, that's a known issue with inkscape .47 and SCAL. If path>union takes away internal paths that are supposed to be there use path>exclusion on them instead.
sunnshinne352

Post by sunnshinne352 »

So I uninstalled .47 and installed .46. Only now I can't change fonts, even when using the dialog menu, it won't let me.

If .47 skews my fonts, and .46 won't let me change them, what's the best solution? Should I reinstall .47 and try using path>exclusion? What if that doesn't work...I'm kind of losing my mind here.

Christen
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

You can change fonts in .46, but not with the pull down menu. You need to click on the T icon to open the text attributes window and change the font that way.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Which version of SCAL2 are you using? They fixed this problem with one of the updates, but I don't remember which one.