Converting MTC files to SVGs?

For your help and questions
dublin2

Converting MTC files to SVGs?

Post by dublin2 »

I'm not familiar with the MTC program but I have come across a few MTC files that are cute. Can SCAL cut MTC files? Do MTC files need to be converted to SVGS? If they do, does anyone happen to know where I can go to see a tutorial on converting them?? TIA

Jeanne/Dublin2
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Converting MTC files to SVGs?

Post by Sweetness4713 »

SCAL does not cut MTC files MTC are only used by Making the Cut Software. ..as for converting to svg you would have to basically do a print screen save as jpg and then bring into inkscape and then trace image and save as svg...
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

If you want to convert MTC files it would be more proper to asked over at the MTCforum the originaters of the files usally would do this for you. Also remember that all file in the MTC gallery or on the forum are for personal use only.
Many of us use both scal and MTC who make these files
dublin2

Post by dublin2 »

I only asked the question about converting the files simply b/c I was on a BLOG I stumbled into not on the forum or in their gallery. I'm not looking to lift anyone's work. I see the question about converting files on here all the time and this was something I wasn't sure of. I also remember hearing that the creator of MTC was involved in a lawsuit with ProvoCraft? Is it still possible to purchase and use the MTC program now?

Jeanne/Dublin2
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Angel135612

Post by Angel135612 »

You should contact the owner of the blog about getting the files as an svg, they may already have them available. It is always good ettique to ask the creator of the files about converting first. Converting MTC files to SCUT files, or vicea versa is not possible with out some kind of work around like Sweetness4713 suggested.

As for the lawsuit, MTC isn't going away just beacuse they are being sued. The program works with other cutters besides the Cs. The program is still being sold, still being supported and the creator is working on an update to the program. And it won't cost you for any updates to the program once you buy it.
Diane in Colorado Springs
Cutting with a 24" Silver Bullet purchased from ThatsScrapInc.com and using SCAL
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

the option to buy MTC has always been there and he is working on a update to the software as I type. everyone is very nice and helpful and I have several files for the MTC if asked I can convert some to svg and others can do theirs if they wish. Yes it is true about the lawsuit but that still has not been resolved and Andy is still offering help and updates. I for one will say that even if there were never any more updates the forum members are very helpful but that is not the case andy is still working on and improving the program.The only thing I was saying was to contact the person and they can change it for you because if someone else does it and posted it might make the person upset and not offer any more files.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I agree with Rachell about contacting the creator of the file...
balletcostumemom

Post by balletcostumemom »

It appears the lawsuit has been settled:

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2011/03/ ... ovo-craft/
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47