help making a wordbook

GrammyKrausse

Re: help making a wordbook

Post by GrammyKrausse »

craftymamma wrote:i think a setting must be messed up on my inkscape. i bypassed that part and went on to try to get a letter on the page and the rectangle disappears when i click the page. i am thinking inkscape is just not my friend right now!
Are you using the fill stroke to color your rectangle if not it will look like it disappears but it is still there, just doesn't have the color to show it.
craftymamma

Post by craftymamma »

oh lord, how do i get it to show automatically then?
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

craftymamma wrote:oh lord, how do i get it to show automatically then?
If this message is for me is, justs go to the lower left corner or your working mat and double click on fill and your color chart should pop up chose a color and it should work. That is the fastest way to set the color for me.
Grammy
craftymamma

Post by craftymamma »

i guess i don't understand why my inkscape isn't working like the one in the tutorial and i seem to be following the steps. nothing on his page disappears.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

here is a jpg of what I'm talking about. Draw your rectangle and then go to the fill stoke in the lower left corner of the mat you are working with and double click on where I wrote here and it will bring up a window and just choose a color to put in the rectangle. they do the font.
Attachments
fill stroke.JPG
fill stroke.JPG (101.16 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
craftymamma

Post by craftymamma »

well i got it so i can see it, got the rectangles on and got a letter on and centered with the rectangle, tried to hit union and i can't get it to work lol!!!! i feel like the dumbest person alive today....:(
craftymamma

Post by craftymamma »

went back and reread everyone's tips and looky what i just did!!!!! omg i feel like i've won the darn lottery lol
Attachments
union.JPG
union.JPG (18.51 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
craftymamma

Post by craftymamma »

well i'd like to thank you all for your help and patience! i think i finally got it figured out!!! this is what i came up with doing practice. now i'm confident i can make it once i find a similar font. i do kind of like the way this one might look as well. i'm going to do a trial cut on ugly paper in a bit to make sure it works out. i am doing the extreme happy dance right now!!!!!
Attachments
WORDBOOKSVG.JPG
WORDBOOKSVG.JPG (77.63 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

It looks great craftymamma.. You did a great job.. You can also do that right in scal without having to convert from an svg :D ..just use the shapes rectangle.. type your letter.. join them like I showed in my image earlier and then union the two together... :D
sweetpeahome

Post by sweetpeahome »

Here is one that I just made for my neighbor that just had twin girls. I was so excited to give it to her and get a peek at them I forgot to take a picture of the finished book. I am going to make some more though to sell at some craft fairs. How much would they sell for?
Attachments
babybook.svg
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Mac, Expression