So frustrated - SCAL2

For your help and questions
suzsh

So frustrated - SCAL2

Post by suzsh »

I am so frustrated. I have SCAL2 installed on 2 computers. I read a recent post about SCAL2 freezing, which is what mine does. On the craft edge site, they say to check XP compatablity or something like that, I did , no problem. I go to open the program and have to reactivate it? It says my registration info is not valid and when I try to manually activate it, it now tells me that I have too many registrations of this program! GRRRR. I do NOT!

I filled out their form letter, and now hope to hear from them? Can anyone tell me if I will hear back?
suzsh

Re: So frustrated - SCAL2

Post by suzsh »

So I unchecked the XP compatibility and I work again. Perhaps by making that change, it viewed something as different and counted as a registration? I just don't know. I'm going to leave my trouble ticket in with them, because this is an issue - especially when their website recommends to choose that XP option (yes even with vista). My program still freezes.

I apologize - I tend to think outloud.
kiwilotus87

Post by kiwilotus87 »

I had the same problem! I'm on Vista and I enjoy using scal. However, it does freeze up. Therefore, I got fed up and decided to switch the compatibility mode. However, I encounter the same problem about activating or invalid serial code. Therefore, I email craftedge and let them know what was happening. Less than two hours later, they replied and fixed the problem. I switched over the computability mode to Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and run the program as administrator and it worked perfectly fine! I practiced moving the objects/svgs around and holding it for a long time and nothing happen.. no crashing/freezing!

The customer service or Todd is GREAT -- they promptly answer my questions.. and I emailed them directly XD THANKS folks at CRAFTEDGE
suzsh

Post by suzsh »

Thanks for your post and ideas! I tried what you suggested, and it came up as a trial. Sigh
Craigg64

Post by Craigg64 »

I would try and reactivate.
If that does not work or you are still having trouble contact Craftedge.
http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html
As the previous poster mention she got a prompt reply

cheers
Craig
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

suzsh wrote:I am so frustrated. I have SCAL2 installed on 2 computers. I read a recent post about SCAL2 freezing, which is what mine does. On the craft edge site, they say to check XP compatablity or something like that, I did , no problem. I go to open the program and have to reactivate it? It says my registration info is not valid and when I try to manually activate it, it now tells me that I have too many registrations of this program! GRRRR. I do NOT!

I filled out their form letter, and now hope to hear from them? Can anyone tell me if I will hear back?
Whenever you change SCAL2 to run in XP mode it puts you into trial mode. It's easily fixed by activating the software again. Here's how to do that.

1.) Go into compatability mode and remove the check in the box to run in XP mode. This will set you back to your regular mode.

2.) Log on the internet to do the following steps.

3.) Deactivate your current SCAL activation. (You are only allowed to activate twice then your SCAL program will not allow a third activation. This step will deactivate your current one so that you can reuse it.)

To deactivate:
Start the SCAL2 program
Click About under the Help menu
Hold down the Shift key and click in the about window
It will ask to de-activate

4.) Then change your compatibility mode to XP service pack 2 (make sure it says service pack 2 and not 3)

5.) Click the Help tab at the top of the screen, then About and another screen will appear with your serial number. Write it down.

6.) Then activate.

SCAL will ask you for your name and serial number, then it will activate SCAL to run in XP mode.

Hope that helps.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Wow I didn't know you could deactivate the versions of SCAL..cool..I have it running on 2 pc's at home..one I use to run the upgrades that they provide and the other I keep with a stable version, that way I always have 1 pc that I know is working. If this is the case that I can deactivate it so I can use it on my laptop for portability. Thanks for the tip Deloris!! Big thumbs up to you!!!
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you save the updates before you install them, you can always go back if something doesn't work for you. HTH
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

That's so strange how some of us have to run in difference compatibility modes..I actually have vista and have to use Windowsxp service pack 2...
suzsh

Post by suzsh »

Thank you so much for the deactivation tip! I have it working now, and while Vista doesn't like the graphics conflict, the program is working! Why can't this info be public knowledge - or maybe it is and I really missed it on the website?

Thank you again!