Need Help - Pocket Fold Invitations

cre8ting

Need Help - Pocket Fold Invitations

Post by cre8ting »

Hi! I am a recently engaged & Sure Cuts a Lot user... I could really use some help creating a svg file in order to make my invitations!

I have something like the attached in mind - size of invite probably 5x7 or so. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I really appreciate it!
Attachments
pocket invinte example.jpg
pocket invinte example.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Need Help - Pocket Fold Invitations

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I tried duplicating the pattern.. Before you open it in Scal remove the dotted lines in inkscape.. The picture attached shows the required measurements at the fold lines when you scor it.. You need a 24 " mat or you can break apart the pieces and add the extra 1/4 inch at each edge to glue together... The scored lines on the separate piece are the 1/4 inches allowed to glue on....
annell

Post by annell »

SCAL 1 Ink0.47
cre8ting

Post by cre8ting »

Wow! Thank you both for your help - this is a wonderful forum. I can't wait to try it out soon! (and make 120 of them) :D
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Wow.. I didn't realize.. I like the others better..LOL..
annell

Post by annell »

Happy cutting, I just finished making 100 of them, but not from the cut file. I bought them instead since I didn't have the paper size needed. It's so hard to find cardstock in that size with nice colors :x
SCAL 1 Ink0.47
agcsmom
Location: WI, USA - SCAL 2, Inkscape, XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro I have Illustrator but am not good with it...

Post by agcsmom »

Thanks so much Joanne-B - I didn't ask for it but I will use it someday!