Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Jax

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Post by Jax »

Is there going to be some type of instruction manual for this update? There are some really neat features that could/should be documented on how to use..I just finished the text on path, special thanks to blondemommy who posted the really easy follow through on page 4 of this thread..I also played with the different shapes and they are fun too. There is probably a whole slue of tips that would help the average person like me make better use of this application.
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Leo is working on video tutorials. You can check out the ones he has done at www.svgcuts.com
scottie

Post by scottie »

I am having problems with 2.012. Will not import svg's I create in Inkscape .47. I have 2.011 on laptop and it imports fine. Problem is I can't cut from laptop because since I can only use trial version of CDS on laptop and I need that to update firmware. So I have to keep switching back and forth. Create Scut2 file on laptop, save on thumbdrive, take to PC and cut. What a pain. I just want to get 2.011 back on my PC.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Once your firmware is updated, you don't need CDS anymore. You can also have both CDS and SCAL on the same computer.

Did you save the SCAL installation files before you installed? If you did, then you can install the older version over the new one.

Is it just certain Ink47 files that don't work for you, or all of them? If only some of them, is there anything they have in common?
aatalex

Post by aatalex »

Hello all,

I'm trying to update an version 1.016 to the newest version but for some reason it doesn't work and the result is 2 installations of SCAL.
1. version 1.016
2. version 2.011 (keeps asking to activate but this doesn't work with my serial I received while purchasing the old version).

So my question is: is it possible to update 1.016 to 2.011? Or do I have to purchase the new version?

Thanks in advanced.

Alexander from Holland
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

There is a charge to update from Version 1 to Version 2.
Todd
DingBat

Post by DingBat »

aatalex wrote:Hello all,

I'm trying to update an version 1.016 to the newest version but for some reason it doesn't work and the result is 2 installations of SCAL.
1. version 1.016
2. version 2.011 (keeps asking to activate but this doesn't work with my serial I received while purchasing the old version).

So my question is: is it possible to update 1.016 to 2.011? Or do I have to purchase the new version?

Thanks in advanced.

Alexander from Holland

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know what we should do now?
Thx
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

DingBat wrote:
aatalex wrote:Hello all,

1. version 1.016

Thanks in advanced.

Alexander from Holland

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know what we should do now?
Thx
When you upgrade from SCAL1 to SCAL2, you have to pay for the upgrade. Price varies depending on where you buy the upgrade from and if they offer a discount coupon, but it's normally around $35 for upgrading. Here's the link for buying the upgrade from Craftedge.

http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/purchase.html

After that the updates are free to SCAL2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

DingBat, you have to pay for the upgarade from SCAL1 to SCAL2. Someone posted just a few days ago that the upgrades were on sale even though it isn't posted on the website.
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

What is this now dld the new version again and it will not manipulate the fonts to a curve like the other version. What is wrong now? can any one help me with this??