Help with cutting a vinyl project

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
gj1

Re: Help with cutting a vinyl project

Post by gj1 »

Do you want me to remove the pics?...I can very easy. And I don't ride my bike so no one will see me on the road or anything. hahahaha. You are determined so I am sure you will figure a way...like I did...hahahha, only better. Thanks for the fun. I hope one of the other girls who is really good with fonts and vinyl will accomplish this for you. Have a nice evening.
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

no no.... its okay. If I didnt want anyone using my idea, I wouldn't have posted it on the internet for the entire world to see 8-)

I'm sure someone with some mad skills will come through!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am just here playing at home and don't sell anything and no one should take this for other than personal use without your permission. That is how it is suppose to work on this board. I will just remove the pics now that you have seen them.
I am sure someone will send you a pm that they have accomplished this. Do you know where your personal message is in your account here? Good luck on this. I can't wait to hang the words on my wall. Love it!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Well....I have seen tremendous support on this board before, but Jay....you really got everyone pumped on this one!!!! You are all amazing and Jay good luck with your project.
Sandy in PA
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

I am up for this challenge, just not this week. If someone else jumps on this before me, go for it. Here are my thoughts.

I already have the white glossy outdoor vinyl at home. And a 12x24 mat.
So, it you wanted just a 24" long design, it would be the easiest application, but if you want a 30" design, we can create that.

As long as the fonts are changed to something more chunky, but then again, I am up for a challenge.

I didn't look to closely, but was the picture posted and then traced in inkscape?

I am sure we could get better results by creating the svg first directly from text and not a trace.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

In Jay's first post he is requesting it be 3.5 x 20 inches long. You certainly could be the person to accomplish this. Maybe send him a pm so he does not miss your offer. Thanks from the rest of us who could not accomplish this, for jumping in. Have a nice day!
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

gj1 wrote:In Jay's first post he is requesting it be 3.5 x 20 inches long. You certainly could be the person to accomplish this. Maybe send him a pm so he does not miss your offer. Thanks from the rest of us who could not accomplish this, for jumping in. Have a nice day!

Oh My... my brain went to 30 inches, not 20 inches... D'oh.

Maybe I should have finished my coffee before I posted.... :oops:
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

Hahhaha.. thanks everyone. I am really hoping this turns out as good as I see it in my head!? I just had my first setback with the paint, which is a good thing, since I dont have the words yet, but I rushed the paint job, by pulling the tape off last night to see the painted part! Looked fantastic till I turned it, and saw I missed a BIG section.... so.. I taped it off this morning and thought "no big deal" I'll just hit it real qluick and touch it up.... oh man.. I didnt wait the required 48 hours.. and it crinkled really bad :evil: Now I have to wetsand the green down, and try again in 3 days! I'm excited to see this through tho!

Thanks everyone for the support for this... please feel free to use the design as wall art! I thought it would make a pretty cool bumper sticker myself!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Too funny. :lol: You need to slow down. Your excitement is contagious.

I know your pain. I did the same exact thing spray painting one of those tubular metal futons. I was not a happy camper. :x
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am so happy that DogCarbon will help on this...you will get some nice results, Jay, I feel confident. One of the best on board here.