Wrong Settings??????

For your help and questions
9920louise

Wrong Settings??????

Post by 9920louise »

Hi
I have SCAL 3 and it is linked to my Silouhette SD. If I use my Silouhette software my cuts turn out perfect, but if I use SCAL 3 my shapes aren't cutting all the way through the card on the highest setting and multicut won't work ( even though it is selected.)
Am I doing something wrong?? I'm new to SCAL 3 and also my machine is new too so I don't know which one is wrong.

Can anyone help me please??
Thanks in advance
Louise
x :( :?
AnointedHands

Re: Wrong Settings??????

Post by AnointedHands »

Are you using the same shapes/paper when you use SCAL as you use with the Silhouette software?
I have seen many post regarding cuts not completing but I don't think SCAL tells the machine how much force is needed to make a cut...I could be wrong. I have a Gazelle and the force (how much pressure is used to cut the medium) is set on the machine. If SCAL does set the force, which I doubt since you don't tell the software what kind of paper you're using, then all the cuts should be fine since you're using the same paper.
I have had problems with incomplete cuts but that was because the blade wasn't turning after a corner. There might also be a mat or blade problem. Make sure the mat is clean of paper bunnies. I completed a project once and had to clean the mat after every three cuts cuz of paper bunnies.

HTH
Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
9920louise

Re: Wrong Settings??????

Post by 9920louise »

Hi thanks for your help. I'm using the same type of paper each time from both programmes. I cant understand why it doesn't cut all the way through. It works perfect on my silouhette software but I don't have many shapes on there, as I used to own a cricut and so used SCAl all the time then. I'm really confused.
Louise
xxxxx :cry: