Etching Gifts

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Etching Gifts

Post by sstehman »

Yeah!!! I'm so happy I actually completed this today AND it is the first posting in this topic in the Project Gallery. Two firsts of something actually completed (it doesn't get any better than this).

I used basic fonts and basic shapes in SCAL PLUS and the bookmark bird will be on top as in the picture. I used removable shelf contact paper to cut out and I did use the you know who's transfer paper.

Anyway, school soon starts and I wanted to put a little something on my co-workers desks. My hubby got me this air eraser tool and a mini-compressor from HF for my bday. I am pleased with the air eraser (not so much with the mini-air compressor. Will tell why so if any of you get one you will think about these things in the future. First off -- we will return it tomorrow. The one he got cost $100 (so it was not their cheapest one)....it overheated after I did just 4 of the glass containers. Then moisture built up clogged the air eraser. I was not using it that long. In fact, I did one then didn't get back to it for at least an hour to do the other 3, so it was after doing the other 3 that we felt how hot it was. The PSI's could not be regulated so the regulator that came with it was pretty much worthless.

For the last one, we hooked up our regular air compressor in his shop and used that one. It is what I will use in the future as I learned I'd rather have the tiny grains of the oxide substance in my craft room. (I started in the shop to begin with and am so glad I did.) I know I can make a sandblasting box, but then never would have finished the project.

Not usually this long winded, but wanted to pass on about my exciting day.

So here are the pictures and thank you for listening to my rambling.
Attachments
DebbieJar.jpg
DebbieJar.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
BrendaJar.jpg
BrendaJar.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
FinishedEtchedJar.jpg
FinishedEtchedJar.jpg (60.28 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Etching Gifts

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Ohhhh very very pretty Sandy.. Good job.. I have a whole case of those rose bowls..LOL. Bought them at a yard sale and never did anything with them.. I really think one of those would look good with my name on it..>LOL
papasue

Post by papasue »

Oh, drat! It's so much better and easier than I expected, guess I will have to check it out after all.

The designs are wonderful. If I start now I might get them done by Xmas.

Thanks Sandy
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Hey...I paid 50 cents each for them at a gift and thrift right down from my house. You can send me one Sweetness and I'll do one for you as I bought all they had.
Sandy in PA
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Sandy you did a great job on these. I've yet to try etching of any kind. Thanks for the review on the product you tried.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Amazing and your co-workers are just going to be so surprised to receive these WONDERFUL gifts for their desks...WONDERFUL!!!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

LOL. I was just kidding ya Sandy.. Actually I paid 50 cents for the case of 24 LOL. .I hit it good yardsaling that day and they just wanted to get rid of them. Man if they only knew to us designers that those are like gold..HAHA
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

I was serious, but I guess it's hardly worth the postage for something your paid $.02 cents a piece for (USD). What a find!!
Sandy in PA