Sure Cuts Alot default

For your help and questions
Jill

Sure Cuts Alot default

Post by Jill »

This has probably been asked before, but is there any way to change the default from landscape to portrait every time you sign on? I know that you can save your workspace, but other than that is there another way? I have messed up so many 'quick' jobs by not changing the page orientation and trying to cut on scraps of paper! Thanks for you help!
gj1

Re: Sure Cuts Alot default

Post by gj1 »

In the Properties Panel, under Document is a place to change the Orientation to Horizontal or Vertical(Portrait).

I have seen this mentioned(problem with this)before, by others...and I am just wondering why it never happens to me.
My mat has changed size...which I think stems from opening a file made with a different size mat...but my mat orientation never changes. hmmm...curious. I don't get it.
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

gj1 wrote:In the Properties Panel, under Document is a place to change the Orientation to Horizontal or Vertical(Portrait).

I have seen this mentioned(problem with this)before, by others...and I am just wondering why it never happens to me.
My mat has changed size...which I think stems from opening a file made with a different size mat...but my mat orientation never changes. hmmm...curious. I don't get it.
I don't get it either, mine always opens up with a 6 x 12 mat and I change it to 12 x 12 and then I'm good to go. The orientation never presents a problem.
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
Jill

Post by Jill »

Well, do you cut using the landscape orientation? I get confused because I need it to cut the way I am looking at it on the computer! My SCAL always opens up to the landscape view.
Craigg64

Post by Craigg64 »

Hi Jill

If you want to have it so SCAL always opens so the mat is vertical you need to setup the workspace to do that.
From the Properties panel select Vertical
Vertical.JPG
Vertical.JPG (20.06 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
Click on the menu option Window -> Workspace -> Save Workspace. Save the workspace and every time you open SCAL it will open to your newly saved workspaces with the Vertical mat.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Craig
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46
Jill

Post by Jill »

Got it! Thank you so much!