edwardian font

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
Boobear

edwardian font

Post by Boobear »

Hi, I am looking for a free version of edwardian font. Thanks in advance!!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: edwardian font

Post by HeatherM »

If you have a Windows computer it might have been included with that. Here are some other fonts that might work for you.
BTW I like to use font sites that let you enter your own text, that way you can see what the letters that you need will look like. Same thing for my installed fonts, I use a font manager that lets me enter my text so that I can see what it looks like in all of the fonts. HTH
Attachments
script fonts Edw.PNG
script fonts Edw.PNG (97.36 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Heather, what font manager do you use? For Windows? I've have been on a downloading binge lately, and have acquired too many fonts to browse through.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I was using The Font Thing (yes you Can use it with Win7), but I switched to NexusFont. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

I like that TFT will temporarily install fonts, and once you close everything down the font is no longer loaded. NexusFont doesn't temporarily load fonts, and I'm very bad about going back and un-installing fonts. But NexusFont lets you select multiple fonts and view just those fonts. Very handy for choosing a font for a project. The image in my post above is a screenshot from NexusFont.

I have a post on how to use The Font Thing with Win7 here.

Also, if anyone makes a mistake and can't find their fonts un-installed with NexusFont, let me know and I will tell you how to find them (been there, done that, was totally panicked).
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

I use Nexus Font view as well and like it. I tried the fixes for TFT in Windows 7 and it just got a little cumbersome for me. I think I was ready to grow, though I really appreciated TFT for many years. It feels like an old friend!
Last edited by Maggie on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I tried Amp and I really didn't like it. If I remember right, the other two are much easier to view your specific text without having to go through a bunch of extra steps. Every once in a while I go back and uninstall the extra fonts from NexusFont, so it isn't really that big of a deal, just something I would change if I could. ;)
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

A screen view of Nexus Font:
Attachments
AMP Screenshot2.jpg
AMP Screenshot2.jpg (237.03 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
AMP Screenshot.jpg
AMP Screenshot.jpg (233.57 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Last edited by Maggie on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Just one question: why do they have a big A on the taskbar in their icon when their software starts with an "N!" (Makes me get it confused with the AMP font viewer name all the time!) I edited my former posts to reflect my making this mistake again. Another act of marketing genius (NOT!)
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Maggie wrote:Just one question: why do they have a big A on the taskbar in their icon when their software starts with an "N!"
:lol: I think it's because the font icons have an A. I usually do use NexusFont, it has the best feature set of the free font managers for Win7.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Heather, this may help you still. NexusView DOES temporarily install fonts without having to go back and remember to uninstall.

Right now, for example, I have my "cartoon" fonts folder list open in Nexus Font. These are not installed fonts.

I opened SCAL (or clicked Refresh/). Those fonts are now available to SCAL. When I close Nexus, or open another folder, those fonts will not be available. No computer clutter!