Calling all computer gurus! I messed up!

For your help and questions
wagnerdelia

Re: Calling all computer gurus! I messed up!

Post by wagnerdelia »

As far as restoring to a previous time, NO - none of your DATA files will be lost, only any changes made to your system will be but I honestly think you have a corrupt file. Try unzipping a different .zip file and see if you get the same error.
www.scrapbooksvg.com
Don't miss out on my 48HOUR freebies. LIKE my http://www.facebook.com/scrapbooksvg/ to receive notifications on all new 48HOUR freebies as they become available.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I usually unzip files by right clicking on the zip file and select "extract all". You can also do this through the menu. Windows should have the built in feature to zip and unzip .zip files. It's possible that your zip file had the extension changed. View the file with details and check that the extension ends in .zip. HTH
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Here is what I do.
Go to explorer, find the file.
Double click on the file and it should open
then Drag the open graphic into the same folder you have the original zip in.
This will allow you to be able to use the dragged opened file in either scal or inkscape
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Did you right click on the file and then go to properties and check on open with to see what program it's set to open with.. Vista comes with winzip so make sure it's set to open with winzip on it...I have vista.. Also on opens with there is an option that says change.. click on that and a new window opens then check what you have available.. if winzip is there click on that so that every time you have zip files to open it automatically goes to that.
wagnerdelia

Post by wagnerdelia »

I work in technology and I had her try a few things - its simply a corrupt file. She can open any other zip file except this particular one. She even tried another extraction application and got an error message again on this file only.

She will be contacting the vendor tomorrow, they should be able to provide her with a working copy.
www.scrapbooksvg.com
Don't miss out on my 48HOUR freebies. LIKE my http://www.facebook.com/scrapbooksvg/ to receive notifications on all new 48HOUR freebies as they become available.