Need help opening .svg.xml files

rdjickling
Location: Michigan, MAC OS X V10.6.4; Personal Cricut V1.1 and Cricut Expression V2.34; SCAL2 V2.029

Need help opening .svg.xml files

Post by rdjickling »

I have tried to download several different .svg files from the SCAL forum but can't get them to open up. I have inkscape, corel painter essentials, SCAL 2, and I run a MAC OS X computer. The files download to my download folder as a .svg.xml file. Then when I try to open it, it automatically opens Corel Painter and then gives me a message that the file cannot be opened. I try to import them into Inkscape and I see them in my download file but cannot click on them. If I download from the SVG Cuts website I never have any problems importing them after they are downloaded. Does it have anything to do with the .xml? Is it because I am running a MAC and it was created on a PC? Any suggestions?
Have yourself an incredible day!
Butterfly

Re: Need help opening .svg.xml files

Post by Butterfly »

I am pretty sure I read that you have to delete the xml part off the file name just leaving the svg
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
rdjickling
Location: Michigan, MAC OS X V10.6.4; Personal Cricut V1.1 and Cricut Expression V2.34; SCAL2 V2.029

Post by rdjickling »

Thank you soooo much!
I re-saved them as a ,svg file instead of .svg.xml and now it works perfectly!!!
Enjoy your day... I know I will mine, especially now that you helped me figure this out.
:D
Have yourself an incredible day!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

It's your web browser adding the .xml extension. When you save the svg files make sure that if it doesn't have Scalable Vector Graphic as a file type choice that you choose something like All Files and then change the extension back to .svg. HTH