align and distribute

General discussion about Inkscape
1jazzylady45

align and distribute

Post by 1jazzylady45 »

Hi, I have SCAL version 2.012 and I am watching a you tube tutorial and it is showing the Align and Distribute box, no where on mine do I see these words and the icons on my position size has 3 horizontal and 3 vertical choices. I was going to make a scalloped edge but can't do it because all the choices are not there. I have checked for up dates and don't know what else to do. Am I missing something??? Any help would be apprectiated. I really want to learn this program.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: align and distribute

Post by HeatherM »

I would guess that the video you were watching was for Inkscape. It is a free program available at http://www.inkscape.org/
You can use it to create svg files for importing into SCAL.
1jazzylady45

Post by 1jazzylady45 »

Thanks for the info, I will try to do it in inkscape. The video was SCAL. I have seen several that have the same thing. but mine doesn't have all the choices theirs does. Of course now that I want to go back and watch it again I can't find it. Oh well, I give up.
raederle

Post by raederle »

There are align and distribute options in SCAL, put an object on your mat and then click on it. The tool options on the right side of your screen should now show h align and v align. It only shows once you click on an object that can be moved. See the pink circle in my screen capture.
Attachments
scal_scrn.JPG
scal_scrn.JPG (46.71 KiB) Viewed 2165 times