WE DID IT

upallnite

WE DID IT

Post by upallnite »

Hi, Im a newbie with this....I have attempted to create my own but not having luck. I decided to do a 12 x 24 book...because "WE DID IT" has alot of letters... I cannot come up with a font. This is for a class project for the student to decorate...I just have to cut the book and piece the meat and potatoes together... can anyone help me with maybe the font or to get started... I just don't know how to start...I did follow a link somewhere here but it didn't really help me. OH, anyone know where to buy big chipboard at a reasonable price? The thickness of cereal boxes.... the problem with using cereal boxes is...they aren't long enough for projects like this :)

thanks
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Re: WE DID IT

Post by DogCarbon »

as for a font... check out http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ they have a large selection of fonts that are free...

I looked at "you all everybody" and the capital W is rounded.

Also, for the chipboard, how about plain ol' posterboard? Cut to 12x24 ?
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

How about this font look here???
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

You can buy large pieces of chipboard at art stores like dick blick in different thicknesses and sizes. I believe they'll even cut it down for you if need be and it's not terribly expensive either. I don't know when you need it, but if you don't have access to an art supply store near you try the internet. As for a rouned font I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but how about Debussy? here is a sample of it and here is the link for download if it suits your needs http://www.dafont.com/debussy.font HTH! :D
wedidit.png
wedidit.png (9.46 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
upallnite

Post by upallnite »

Thank you everyone...I'm gonna grab a few of those free fonts...thank you everyone for taking up your time to help me out....your all great!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

You can try posterboard. It might not be as sturdy as you would like, but it cuts fairly clean with a couple of passes.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
upallnite

Post by upallnite »

ok, Im gonna attempt to try to post what I have done so far. Perhaps Im reading into it to much...It seems elementary to do...but its the measurements (figuring out how much or where to put the letters etc..). Am I on the right track? Im spending WAY to much time thinking about this...
Attachments
WE DID IT.scut2
(126.28 KiB) Downloaded 207 times