bstreeter

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.010 Update

Post by bstreeter »

nkk wrote:Is this a free update?

Yes. If you've purchased SCAL2, this is a FREE update. :mrgreen:
krenita

Post by krenita »

I purchased SCAL in early January and installed it on 2 old computers. I could only print from one. My son bought me a new computer for my b'day on Feb.1 so I had to contact support to install to the new computer. They responded promptly and I got it on the new computer. Yesterday, I updated to 2.010 and it said my trial expired, so I activated it again. Does this mean I will have to activate each time there is an update and since that serial number has been used twice will I then have to contact support for permission to do so?
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Right click on your SCAL folder and change the property settings to winxp compatibility..
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Seems like a lot of people having issues after doing this update - is anything being done about this ? I purchased mine on 11/11/2009
Unfortunately I still only know the very basics and nothing on inkscape - so I do not want to do an update that will only confuse me more with having problems>>>
I purchased :
Products
1 x Sure Cuts A Lot 2 (Windows) (SCALv2)
Freebie #1 Membership to Our SCAL Content
Freebie #2 Future Coupon For 25% Off All Accessories
Discounted Item #1 None
Discounted Item #2 None
krenita

Post by krenita »

krenita wrote:I purchased SCAL in early January and installed it on 2 old computers. I could only print from one. My son bought me a new computer for my b'day on Feb.1 so I had to contact support to install to the new computer. They responded promptly and I got it on the new computer. Yesterday, I updated to 2.010 and it said my trial expired, so I activated it again. Does this mean I will have to activate each time there is an update and since that serial number has been used twice will I then have to contact support for permission to do so?
I went ahead and contacted support. They told me to redownload the update and install it and it worked! :D I must compliment them on how quickly they responded(both times).
BillE

Post by BillE »

I am having a problem making two seperate in row as the second cut just hakgs with the message Checking Matt. I have to restart my computer to make the second cut and restart for every cut thereafter?? I am using the 2.010 update however I also doese the same thing using the previous version??
andienichols

Post by andienichols »

Lately when I have been using sure cuts a lot it will keep shutting down. Tonight when I was using it it shut down 5 times in about 10 minutes. I have the update down loaded. Anyone know why it just shuts down?
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

andienichols wrote:Lately when I have been using sure cuts a lot it will keep shutting down. Tonight when I was using it it shut down 5 times in about 10 minutes. I have the update down loaded. Anyone know why it just shuts down?
We sure we like to know, too, and have a fix for it!! I've been waiting and crossing my fingers. For me, it seems to crash when I relocate an object by clicking and dragging it from the top right hand 4 way arrow!! I've found that if I do a quick move and let go of it and not drag it for more than a couple seconds at a time it doesn't crash. HTH
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Any word yet on a fix for the issues so many are having with 2.010 update ??? - I am sooo new to SCAL I do not want to update yet - I am sure I wouldn't be able to deal with this right now - don't know enough about it ..... but sure would like to play with some of the new features in this.