New to SCAL - Western style font

chef_kimmo

New to SCAL - Western style font

Post by chef_kimmo »

I am thinking I will purchase SCAL2 download tonight when I get home. I am new to all this and to start with, I really would like to be able to cut the following

LANGHAM CREEK in a font similar to the Old West cart or the Slice - Western card.

I am needing to cut out about 50 of them and would really like them to weld together so we aren't having to glue down all the letters. We are also cutting out each students name (first & last) so that will be about 50 names. I am thinking it will be a nightmare without welding the letters together. Can you imagine all those letters and the potential of loosing some?

Anyway, any advice on how to do these names along with the school name. The student that I am working on this project with wants the school name in capitals (not that we always get what we want but I liked that font too).

This is for an FFA show in 2 weeks and I would usually look up all this stuff on my own but it is count down time and any help is very much appreciated!!!

Kim
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: New to SCAL - Western style font

Post by HeatherM »

This font is a pretty good match to the Cricut cart. http://www.dafont.com/saddlebag.font?nb_ppp=50

You can weld the letters together right in SCAL. Just change the tracking until the letters overlap slightly and select the Weld option. HTH
chef_kimmo

Post by chef_kimmo »

Thank you!

Any advice/suggestions if you could weld the letters? I am almost wondering about putting them on slight angles but don't want it to look too childish.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Here is how the caps and mixed cases look.
Langham caps.JPG
Langham caps.JPG (22.29 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Langham mixed.JPG
Langham mixed.JPG (20.59 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
You might try to tilt some of the letters since there are a couple either way that might cause problems. I think it will just depend on what you like. You can also look through the Western fonts to see if there is a different one you like better, though for your purposes you will want to avoid any with interior detail. http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=106 ... classt=pop