circular text question with difference

For your help and questions
balletcostumemom

circular text question with difference

Post by balletcostumemom »

Hi all, new here and new to Cricut, the forum has been a wealth of info already.

I have been following the easy directions in Word for cutting circular text. However, I need to cut text in a circle with the bottom lettering being right side up like would be on a college decal, so Cricut College on top of the circle and Eagle Band on the bottom of the circle but not upside down. Hope this makes sense. I tried just using Word Art but couldn't get the direction of the arc to change so Eagle band was as if you would normally read it but with an arch. Hope I'm explaining.
TheresaTT

Re: circular text question with difference

Post by TheresaTT »

it can be done. i am not home now but will look and get back to you if you don't get help by then. i am sure someone will beat me to it though. i love getting new info.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6769

I'm thinking you need your artwork to read like the picture in this topic.
Todd
balletcostumemom

That's exactly what I'm trying to do Todd, just don't know how to do it. I'm both an Inkscape and SCAL newbie. I have Word, Publisher and of course, Inkscape on my computer.
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

BCmom,
When you choose the wordart shape in Word or Publisher, you want the one that has a half circle on the top, a half circle on the bottom and a across the middle. The title of it is button (curve). Then type your top text, 2 returns (so the middle is blank) and your bottom text.
Wordss.jpg
Wordss.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
balletcostumemom

Thank you so much!, I was not seeing those choices on my computer but just the intial word art choices. You guys are a great help! :lol:
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47