How Do I Type Text in Inkscape?

For your help and questions
chasar

How Do I Type Text in Inkscape?

Post by chasar »

I clicked on the text option on tool bar and then the first option. A box came up and i chose the font, etc. My problem is that the APPLY button is not highlighted for me to click on. This is my first time using this tool as i've only really imported images.
Thanks for any help.
GrammyKrausse

Re: How Do I Type Text in Inkscape?

Post by GrammyKrausse »

did you use your curser to click on the font you wanted?

Sorry about that, I thought you were in SCAL. In Inkscape you have to use your curser to select the font then set default button in the lower left
corner and then should accept the font
chasar

Post by chasar »

When i opened the window again, the font was selected (from my selection before) and so was default. But the apply button is not highlighted. What do i do?
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Not sure what apply button you are refering to but I have added a jpg
be sure to use your curser to hight the font you want then use the curser to choose set default then close windown and the use the A button in the left tool bar then click anywhere on the mat to start typing.
Attachments
lession.jpg
lession.jpg (75.58 KiB) Viewed 3548 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

You don't need to hit the apply button.. Just hit the Default and then go to the left hand tool bar down the side and click on the T again to start using the text you chose.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello Sweetness:
You know they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but you sure did. I never noticed the apply button in the lower right corner. I just never used it. Just closing the screen pop up always worked for me.
From and OLD Dog learning new tricks :D
chasar

Post by chasar »

You know what ended up working? I clicked on the text tool (A) on the left and was able to type that way. There was even a drop down menu to change the font as well. I'm not sure if that worked cuz i went through the steps above or if it's just another way of working!
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I'm glad I read this post. I was trying to change the font on a project and I couldn't. I never saw the set as default button either. Tried it and it worked! Thanks
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10