Pinewood Derby/Star Wars

cholder

Pinewood Derby/Star Wars

Post by cholder »

Can anyone help me. My son is a Webolo and this is his last Pinewood Derby race. His car is in the shape of a skateboard but he is a "Star Wars" fanatic(10 years old).Does anyone have any(simple, I am a rookie at this) suggestions for using the E and SCAl??? I want him to really enjoy this last race. He has never won, but sure enjoys the fun.
Thanks in advance.
Cindy
firstcut

Re: Pinewood Derby/Star Wars

Post by firstcut »

I saw on another board where a mom made stickers for her sons pinewood derby car by cutting vinyl on her cricut. There are tons of star wars graphics and fonts available. The trick will be finding something that will cut at that small of a size. How about writing his name in the star wars font?
There's a nice one at http://www.dafont.com/star-jedi.font
All you would have to do is install the font, and then you could type it in SCAL and cut.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I think if you cut the star wars in Vinyl, it might cut that small because it not a very curly font. It is mostly straight lines.

If you have a sign company in your city, call them. They might give you scraps of vinyl to cut if you tell them that it's for a Pinewood Derby. Of course they might want the name of their company on the car kind of like a Nascar Sponsor. LOL
Todd
mardenz

Post by mardenz »

I use clear sticker sheets to print on. Find the image(s) the boys like, size it to a size that will fit on the car, and print away. Note: The images will show up better on a lighter background (paint the car a light color), or place a white sticker behind the image sticker. We clear coat the car after painting and after placing the stickers--gives the car a nice SHINY look and helps keep the stickers on/in place!