3 Feature Requests

For your help and questions
ButchZ

3 Feature Requests

Post by ButchZ »

I would like to see these features implimented to make SCAL even better

1.) To be able to save the page color with the document
2.) On tracing, to automatically have it FULL SCREEN when opening

3.) And optional but useful, to be able to create a page within the file when saved for notes
Sure you can add a text box, but the formatting of the text would add to a bigger file size.
A limited ANSCI text file within would be much smaller

Thank you for listening to a long time user
SandyMcC

Re: 3 Feature Requests

Post by SandyMcC »

Regarding your wish list, I just did some testing and it appears that when you save a document, the Page color currently assigned is also saved. Also, if you always want Show Page Color enabled, then check it and then go to Window>Workspace>Save Workspace. Give it a new name and then always make sure you have that Workspace selected.

Regarding notes, go to Window>Project Info and you can add your notes there to save with the file.

Regarding the Trace Image window opening up larger that would be very nice to have.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ButchZ

Post by ButchZ »

OK, I will have to check out your suggestions

Thanks
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Back to Show Page Color, now I'm thinking it just stays on regardless of the workspace you have selected. I know that's how Show Print Margins and How Reg Marks behave.
Sandy McCauley
TheRobsterUK

Post by TheRobsterUK »

1) I would like it if SCAL had a better "memory" for the settings for a given project. For instance if you change the p&c settings, they are universal rather than project specific.

2) I've noticed that if you have "cut selection only" active for a given project, if you open another project at the same time this defaults back to "cut everything" (i.e. the box becomes unticked). It's annoying to have to remember to go back and re-tick the box every time.

3) Is it possible to keep notes with a given project? If not then this would be a good feature, just a pop-up dialog box that you can type in and the text is saved along with the file.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

1. I just tested this in SCAL6 and my reg mark settings stay Universal from project to project. The only thing that will change if is I have them based on Print boundaries and SCAL will look up your Default printer settings and make adjustments based on that. So, if you're printing A3 all the time, then you would need to separately (i.e., outside of SCAL) go to Printers & Scanners and change the default to A3 there and possibly restart SCAL.

2. Same with Cut selection only. I activated and it's remaining active even after closing and reopening SCAL6.

3. Go to Windows>Project Info and you can enter any information you'd like to keep with that file.

I AM with you on having more defaults available in the Edit>Preferences window. So, I didn't mean to sound like I'm being argumentative. I'm just saying that it seems these are all in place? Please do post back in any of these are not working on your computer and I can check into them further.
Sandy McCauley