default settings help

For your help and questions
kristymc731

default settings help

Post by kristymc731 »

Hi.
I need some help with settings in my software.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall SCAL three times now. I am deactivating it on current laptop. And then I am activating it on same laptop to see if it helps. When I activate the account, all seems good, I launch a project and then the side bar problem is still there. I was hoping to get a fresh, default install.
I am not able to use right sidebar tools and I am trying to set them back to default settings. I cannot click on any of the functions. They do not seem lined up properly to the page. If I click on one, it clicks out the right side. If I try to use it from there, as soon as I click on anything, it grays out and the box disappears.
It seems that the back light yellow area is too large and covering up areas of the screen as well. Attaching two screenshots.
I am not sure what else I can try.
Thank you for any help or direction!
Attachments
SharedScreenshot1.jpg
SharedScreenshot1.jpg (744.57 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
SharedScreenshot.jpg
SharedScreenshot.jpg (820.92 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
SandyMcC

Re: default settings help

Post by SandyMcC »

I've never seen this reported and I follow multiple SCAL Facebook groups with dozens of posts per week. So, I'm inclined to guess it's related to the display settings you're using on this particular computer. Before you make changes to your PC's display, write down any current setting you find so that you can change back to it if the problem isn't resolved. I don't understand all of the various settings in these newer versions of Windows but googling the issue based on whatever version of Windows you're using might shed some light on something that could be causing this to happen.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
kristymc731

Re: default settings help

Post by kristymc731 »

Thanks!
I will try that next.