Cuts Not Completing

Common questions/answers for new users
bookworm

Cuts Not Completing

Post by bookworm »

I recently purchased a Cameo 3 and I am using it with SCAL 5.0. The cutter is stopping before it finishes everything on the screen/mat. It will stop when in the middle of a shape, thinking the job is done when it isn't. It does this almost every time I cut something, and it is very frustrating, not to mention wasteful of paper and vinyl.

I have tried updating SCAL 5.0 and updating the firmware on the Cameo 3. I have tried turning the Cameo off and on again. Nothing works. I have to pull the pieces that didn't cut onto a new page and try again. I am not sure if the problem is with SCAL or with the machine. I am running the machine through BlueTooth, but I don't think that is the problem because the first 80-90% of the cut is usually fine.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, please help!
SandyMcC

Re: Cuts Not Completing

Post by SandyMcC »

Please post some screenshots. First of all, the project in the main screen of SCAL5. Then, in the Cut Settings window, a full shot of that window. Thanks!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

Pretty simple file, but it stopped cutting half way through the "a in cam" and started, but did not finish cutting the "m".
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Your images didn't get posted for some reason. But that's fine. I assume you're the same SCAL user posting on Facebook and I saw the images there. Plus you'll get a LOT more suggestions on a Facebook group than here, I'm sure. I have no clue why your design would be stopping. Have you tried cutting the exact same design from Silhouette Studio instead? That would help rule out the possibility of it being cutter-related.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/