Ecal3

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
tstruckman

Ecal3

Post by tstruckman »

I have sent several emails to customer support, over issues with the Ecal 3.005, to no reply. Is the program no longer being updated or supported by Craftedge? :?:
SandyMcC

Re: Ecal3

Post by SandyMcC »

The owner of Craft Edge had an accident early this month and is probably behind on support tickets. Maybe post your issues here and I'll see if I can help you. If not, then I'll forward them, on your behalf to Craft Edge.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
tstruckman

Post by tstruckman »

Thank you Sandy, I wasn't aware of the accident. I pray for a speedy recovery. Thank you for your offer of support, but the issues are not limited to one issue, and covers several issues that others are experiencing as well.
sandyscs

Post by sandyscs »

Is there any update? I see that the owner had an accident last month and I am hoping they are okay. However, I have not been using eCAL 3 due to it shutting down right in the middle of a project. I too have sent inquiries via the contact form without a response. I have been using eCAL 2 for months as a workaround, but it would be nice to go back to eCAL 3, as it has a few features I like.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't know about Ecal3, but with the various SCAL5 versions, you need to actually just go download the latest update to find out if it's a new one. Help>Check for Updates doesn't work... there can be new versions and it won't pick up on them. Also, the version number shown on the Downloads page is usually not updated either. So, I recommend just downloading and installing and then see if it works correctly now. Save often, just so you don't lose anything and if it crashes please provide information on what you were doing... as many details as you can. For sure, sometimes the crashes are bugs that can be fixed. Sometimes crashes are due to pushing the software beyond the limits of what it can handle.
Sandy McCauley
sandyscs

Post by sandyscs »

Thanks for the reply, Sandy. I have the most current Windows version 3.005 and many of us with eCAL 3 are having similar issues with this version. One person that I was aware of was testing a new version, but she says issues are still occurring and she had not heard back from CraftEdge. Honestly, it crashes during cutting, not even designing. I import my small, simple SVG files to cut and it will just exits without a visible error. Again, there are several of us having issues that purchased the upgrade. Most of us have reverted to eCAL 2 until we see another update, if any. I was just looking for a response from the owner/developer on the next steps. I have Sure Cuts a Lot 5 too, but I have to use eCAL to cut to the eclips2.

Sandy S.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The developer doesn't regularly monitor the forum so I urge you and the other users to submit new tickets regarding this. Also, state which version of eCAL you're using (like you did below), whether it's PC or Mac, and your computer's current O/S. Also, mention the type of design... again, like you did below. The more details you provide, the more likely the developer can duplicate the issue and troubleshoot it.
Sandy McCauley
sandyscs

Post by sandyscs »

Thank you for the response. I will do so again. Thanks for all you do, as many of us regularly utilize your extremely helpful manuals!

Sandy
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome and thank YOU for that! :) Makes my day knowing that my UM's are helpful to others.
Sandy McCauley