Cameo and Cricut

For your help and questions
wynnepam

Cameo and Cricut

Post by wynnepam »

I currently have a cricut and I will be getting a cameo this week. Am I able to use SCAL2 at the same time to cut with both machines? Are you able to install more than one machine with SCAL. I know I will be able to use the SCAL 4 with the Cameo, but wasnt sure about operating 2 at one time.
talanhart

Re: Cameo and Cricut

Post by talanhart »

I didn't have any luck trying to run two machines at the same time from 1 computer. It didn't work for me, but if you do find a way to do it, please let us know.
Todd
wynnepam

Post by wynnepam »

Ok. Thanks. I will try it and see.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

In order to cut with two machines at the same time, you need to get the Pro version of the software. it's made for more commercial use, and you can cut with multiple cutters at the same time.
wynnepam

Post by wynnepam »

Thank you . I am going to work on it this weekend.
wynnepam

Post by wynnepam »

Well I got my cameo hooked up and I use SCAL 4.0 for it and 2.0 for my cricut. Run both at the same time and it works great. The cameo is pretty noisy. I figured for a new machine, it might be a little quieter. Makes work go a whole lot faster with 2 machines.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I have an older Cameo and it really is pretty noisy. Glad you were able to get them both to work at the same time!
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

wynnepam wrote:Well I got my cameo hooked up and I use SCAL 4.0 for it and 2.0 for my cricut. Run both at the same time and it works great. The cameo is pretty noisy. I figured for a new machine, it might be a little quieter. Makes work go a whole lot faster with 2 machines.

Thanks for posting. I am going to try this again next summer when I do my Little league decals.
Todd