cant save Project

cnowlin

cant save Project

Post by cnowlin »

I am trying to save my project, and I am getting an error message "Unable to write the project file 707406378". I am using SCAL v.3, MAC platform and the Lynx cutter. Any suggestions? Thank you so much for any help you might be able to provide.
papasue

Re: cant save Project

Post by papasue »

Hmmmm, can you tell me something about the file.

Did you create it yourself in SCAL, or import and trace?

What scal do you use 1,2,3 or ecal?

How are you saving it.....file/save or file save as.

Have you succesfully saved before?

All of these questions and answers will lead us to the problem/solution
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
cnowlin

Post by cnowlin »

I am using SCAL 3 on Mac platform. I imported several purchased svg files on several pages. I am making a box card with pop-ups. Upon completion I did File - Save Project As. Then I got the error message as explained in my original post. I have never had any trouble before.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I am thinking your file is too big and scal cannot handle it. Try breaking into 2 or 3 files and see if that works.

If not go to craftedge.com/support and fill out the form. Be sure to mention the error code message number and they will figure it out with you.

Let us know what fixes it?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
DLThompson06

Post by DLThompson06 »

I had this same problem on a Mac. I knew the problem wasn't with the size of my file, because I was cutting a set of 12 empty rectangles....not a huge file. What I ended up doing was selecting everything, copying it, then opening a new document and doing a Paste in Place. You're essentially re-creating the document again. After that, I was able to save the file successfully. Hope that helps someone out!