Help.. word book - LONDON

dondi26

Help.. word book - LONDON

Post by dondi26 »

hello Engalnd calling all scrappers. please can someone advise me where can i find a SVG word book saying
LONDON ?
i am visiting my family in June and wishing to make a mini album from my trip
thank you
donna

from england
papasue

Re: Help.. word book - LONDON

Post by papasue »

Dondi, here is an example of a wordbook construction in svg. If you know how to use Inkscape you can see from the file how each page is created. You can most likely create it in ecal/scal as well once you see how it is done. It is pretty simple since you:
  • make a rectangle,
    add the letter you want, and make a shadow layer of it
    add the shadow letter to the edge of your rectangle…path/union
    Use the second letter is for cutting separately to afix on top of the one you the page
With a word as long as London you might have problems getting it sized to cut. HeatherM may come along and help as she has done a couple.

Here's a pic of the individual pages from the file to give you a visual of the construction.
Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 12.23.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 12.23.11 PM.png (16.49 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
See the original post and the author here

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5479&p=26346&hilit=prom+wordboo
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
newbiecat

Post by newbiecat »

Hi
What software do you design in normally ? Assuming you are going to cut this out what software will you be using to cut with ?

What size do you want the total book to be ?

Also what font do you like for the letters?

Bank holiday here in UK tomorrow so I may get a chance to knock something together.

Pandora :)
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,
dondi26

Post by dondi26 »

Hello I live in West Yorkshire England.
I only have the cricut design space
for the cricut explore
I've never used a design software.
Is there any you recommend?

What sizes do you normally do word book?

Thank you
newbiecat

Post by newbiecat »

Morning Donna

Raining here in London today - shame yesterday was beautiful! Anyway I haven't used the design space for Cricut in a long time since it was so restrictive. It is why I moved on from the Cricut to other machines that did not prescribe how and what I could use. That said I see some great things produced with the machines.

If I remember correctly, as long as you own the cartridge with an alphabet - and you have access to a basic rectangle - you can place them both on the same page and weld them together here is a link to a tutorial by Susan Blue Robot - which seems to show all the steps you need.

http://www.susanbluerobot.com/2008/01/c ... -book.html

As for the size - well I decide what I am wanting to put in it and size accordingly. If you create it first then look at the measurements of the first page you can always resize afterwards. Suggest cutting from copy paper first just to try it out and save the good paper for the actual project

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing your pictures
Pandora
dondi26

Post by dondi26 »

morning i think we have your sunshine here today, since we had rain and thunder yesturday..

thank you i will look at the tutorial.

what software can you suggest to create svg files..?
newbiecat

Post by newbiecat »

Morning
Sorry started new contract yesterday - so completely floored by the time I got home last night - left at 5.30am and walked back in the door at 7.45pm - :roll:

Anyway I use inkscape to design in - 1st it is free !! and 2nd it is fairly intuitive to work with! there are a ton of tutorials around on youtube etc regarding it and lots of people use it.

You can also design in SCAL - same principle - think whatever software (that produces SVG) that you are comfortable with will be best for you

I do remember designing a word book with the Cricut - think it was the earlier version which loaded onto my pc. Not sure about this new stuff where you have to be connected to the internet to work - seems another type of restriction to me!

As papasue said - it is just a rectangle welded to a letter on the end - the trick always is lining it up but Susan BlueRobots method works well

have a great day

Hey ho! Off to work I go
:geek: :geek: - well I do work in IT