help

For your help and questions
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: help

Post by sstehman »

I have seen that happen on occasion. Select the image and ungroup it. Then select the image and choose group. Usually that big box goes away.
Sandy in PA
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

I will try and remember to do that when/if it happens again, but as I say I don't think the image was grouped, but I'll still try it anyway

many thanks for your help
Sandie
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you're having problems with the file jumping around then you probably either have a memory or compatibility problem. Just out of curiosity, how many fonts do you have installed? That might be causing problems.

Another thing to try is to change the compatibility mode as I posted earlier. If I remember right, that is what happened with earlier versions of SCAL and changing compatibility mode fixed it.

The easiest fix might be to try 2.043. Just ask Craft Edge for it. HTH
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

Hi,

that does sound more like it cos I've been having weird stuff going on for a long time now, I bought another computer because the support people couldn't suggest anything else and its still happening, I wondered if it was because I'm still using it with the cricut and I know they're not offering support for that any more but I can't buy a new cutter when I have 2 still working! I will print off your instructions and give it a go tomorrow when I haven't got my granddaughter here!
many thanks for the help though

Sandie
alisonnz

Post by alisonnz »

not sure if you have resolved this issue but just wanted to let you know that I experience the same problem intermittently using SCAL2 on my Win XP PC. I've never found what causes it but I just close down SCAL and reopen it and the file is fine to reuse .... until the next time it happens. Sometimes it happens several times in a day, sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks.
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

Hi Alison,

I bought a new computer due to all the problems I was having and its nearly as bad so that an expensive venture!! I think that as it isn't supported by craft edge any more I will never find out what the issue is but its most annoying, I work with my scal and cricut a lot and can't afford to buy a new machine, especially as I have have 3 cricuts!! oh well I'll just have to live with it and start again when my cricuts die!!
regards
Sandie
Busgoddess10

Post by Busgoddess10 »

Try going to your toolbar and click "view" and then "fit to window". I will usually put everything back to where it belongs