Pinking Circle files

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
yodlo

Pinking Circle files

Post by yodlo »

I am looking for a "pinking circle" file. It is a circle with the edge cut like pinking shears would cut- sort of a zig zag.

With the nested dies, the ratio of the zig zag over a length is constant. One of the problems with using just one cutting pattern as an SVG is that the whole thing enlarges, so the zig zags become spread out as the circle enlarges. So what I would really like a a nested set of different size circles, where the depth of the zig zag (pinking) is constant, so the number of zig zags increases at the circumference of the circle increases.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
pastda3

Re: Pinking Circle files

Post by pastda3 »

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure of an easy way to do it. Maybe you can accomplish that in Inkscape by changing some of the settings when making tiled clones, or using the star option and changing the spoke ratio and number of corners on the individual size circles you want.

If you don't know how to use Inkscape, Carolyn has some excellent tutorials on her blog:

http://www.cuttwopieces.com/search/labe ... d%20Clones
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Is this what you are looking for? If so I can do a test cut on them and post the SVG.

~Amy
Attachments
PinkingShearCircles.jpg
PinkingShearCircles.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
yodlo

Post by yodlo »

Yes, that is the idea, although I was looking for smaller zig zags.

But I have since looked more closely at the SCAL software and the "ribbon seal" is actually a pinked circle. To make the bigger ones and keep the "pinking" small I copied and pasted one on top of another and then rotated slightly and welded (path unions). I was able to make a whole series at half inch increases, from an inch up to about 5 inches, welding every few increments.
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Oh good - glad it worked out for you
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thank you Aimitup2 for the picture which I can trace :)
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.