Stitched Bear with Rhinestone Feature

papasue

Stitched Bear with Rhinestone Feature

Post by papasue »

A couple of days ago Gj1 posted some really nice designs using the rhinstone feature as decoration, not just for rhinestones. It reminded me that I had been thinking about using the feature for stitching around designs. I've seen a couple of examples where designers use the sewing machine to do this. I mentioned to GJ my idea and she created a really nice design with yarn.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=28052

This morning I actually tried it and although this is a simple example for "proof of concept" purposes and you could certainly do eyes etc. I'm pleased that it worked so well. Yes, if you mess with this too much eCAL crashed so you save often until you get the hang of it.

I am even more pleased with my eClips as it cut cardstock with NO WEEDING of the holes. I used regular sewing thread doubled.
bearstitch.jpg
bearstitch.jpg (62.63 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
The stone size and spacing is a "guesstimate" when you start out and you need to keep playing until you get the correct stone size and spacing for your project thread.

I started with two images and did a shadow/blackout of one of them to get it larger than its mate.

I did the rhinstone feature on the other one and played around until I got the stone image sized correctly inside the mat.

I hope someone takes this idea and runs with it and returns to show off what you've done.
Attachments
bearstitch.scut3
(63.86 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Re: Stitched Bear with Rhinestone Feature

Post by gj1 »

This adds that touch of the 'real' and 'texture' instead of using a pen. Plus, I don't like to use my sewing machine for paper....I know many do, and just save aside certain needles for that use...but, I have just not taken to doing that.
This worked good and glad the holes cut clean and came out easy...that always makes a project more fun when doing.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Re: Stitched Bear with Rhinestone Feature

Post by pastda3 »

Great idea. That came out pretty good. Unfortunately I have too much on my plate to even think about playing around with an idea like that. To be honest, I'm not big on hand-stitching, but it would still be something useful to know just in case. ;)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***